Chap. 3 A world without fear

I knocked on the door and Stacey answered. "Hey u-um you don't remember me I'm-" "Your the intern from the other day." She interrupted. I nodded. "Yeah um-" "Look I'm sure you are a very nice girl but this is my home, l can make you an appointment to see you in the office-" "I'm Rosanna Palmer's daughter." I said. She cocked her head to the side. "Paisley?" I nodded. She let me in and poured me and herself a cup of tea. "I'm sorry but I can't help you much Paisley I don't know why they left or where they were going or-" as she turned back to put the tea on the stove she knocked over one of the mugs, falling off the counter. That sense of danger coursed through me again and I caught it by the handle.

What was in that spider that made me like this? She looked at me suspiciously. "Good reflexes." "Thank you." I said. I gave her, her mug and she took it. "Thank you." "I read your book." I said sipping my tea."Oh?" She said. "Yeah it's...something I haven't... seen before." "Oh?" I nodded. "You really think it's possible... cross species? You know a world without pain or fear possibly?" "Yes of course! For years me and your mother were made fun of for our theories not just by most of the community but at SIFA too. They called us mad scientist. But one day their mocking ceased. That's when your mother bred the spiders, everything changed instead of being on the bottom we were on the top instead being mad scientist we were great scientists. Everything stopped and did the opposite. The results where incredible we were going to change the lives of many. Maybe even mine." She said looking at her prosthetics. "Then all of a sudden it all stopped she left leaving me in the dust at the bottom again, I was devastated. Depressed even. I figured talking to you would only make me more irked that she left. So I didn't talk to you and for that I am horribly sorry." She said looking at me. "Hypothetically speaking, what If it worked, what if you got it to work how much would the other species take over, what would be the side effects, would they turn into a giant lizard and destroy the city?" I said jokingly referring to Dr. Connor's of OSCORP. She smiled. But there was something behind it like something she was hiding from me. I overlooked it. She is a scientist! She probably has something on her mind. "It's hard to say considering no one survived. The problem was always-" "The Abiotic algorithm?" She looked at me suspiciously and said "Yes." I nodded should I do this? She's a scientist and my mom's ex- best friend, she can be trusted. I'll do it.

"Ok." I went to sit down. "Can I?" I asked referring to the pencil and paper she had. She nodded. And walked over watching what I was writing down.

I put the pencil and paper down showing it to her. Pushing up my glasses. "This is amazing." She said. "How did you come up with this?" "Uh- um my brain! I am Rosana Palmer's daughter!" I said smiling. Please buy it please buy it please buy it. I thought to myself. She nodded. I sighed. She bought it. "Would you like to come to the tower one day after school?" "Yeah sure!" I said. I left and went back home.

Dr. Stacey's pov: I walked to my bedroom. I went to my full length mirror holding Paisley's equation in my hand. I put it down on my dresser next to it. I looked at my prosthetics. I can get rid of these. I can finally creat a world without fear. Where everyone is equal. I smiled.