23

Charles had managed to secure pole position in qualifying yesterday. He had beaten Lewis by 0.2 of a second. Sebastian unfortunately didn't make it out of the garage for Q3 due to a technical difficulty which, after investigation by the mechanics, turned out to be a air pressure line to the engine. That meant Sebastian would now start P10 today.

"Happy race day." Camille spoke as she walked into Charles' drivers room to find him laid out on a message table with no t-shirt on as Jock worked out a knot the Monégasque felt in his shoulder after qualifying yesterday.

Camille sat down on the couch with a coffee in her hand facing Ferrari driver. She placed the coffee on the table and leant forward looking under the table so she could see Charles' face.

"New track record huh?" Camille said as she met Charles' eyes causing the F1 driver to smile as he saw the brown haired girl.

"What can I say? I was inspired." Charles replied as he tried to lift his head before Jock pushed him back down.

"Not yet." Jock told him as he started to rub his back again.

"Inspired huh? Very cute." Camille spoke as she tapped the back of his head before sitting down on the couch and picking up her coffee. She started scrolling through her phone as she waited for Charles to finish up.

He sat up once Jock was finished and stretched out his arms in front of him causing the muscles in his back to flex which caught Camille's attention.

Jock cleared him throat pulling her attention away from the Monégasque and towards the Ferrari driver's performance coach who had a smile on his face after catching the Brit staring at the driver.

"Wanna come have breakfast with me?" Charles wondered as he threw his red Ferrari t-shirt back on and stood up.

"Sure. Let's go." Camille stood up and threw the empty takeaway coffee cup she had been drinking from into the bin before following the Ferrari driver out the door.

—————

Camille had been on the edge of her seat for majority of the race, so much that she ended up standing for the last 10 laps.

Charles had been leading for majority of the race and when it came to Lap 69 at Turn 3 Max had managed to get past the Monégasque after the pair banged wheels forcing Charles off the track.

The garage erupted with people giving out and saying that Max should be given a penalty for what had just happened. After a few moments, a purple logo appeared next to Max and Charles' name meaning that it was under investigation by the stewards.

Camille sighed as she retook her seat. She knew that there was no change of Charles catching up with Max now especially after being forced off and having to come back on the track while Max had already gotten a couple miles on the Ferrari driver.

The next two laps ended quickly as Max drove over the line first with Charles coming about a second behind him.

Overall on a normal race weekend it was a very good result for Ferrari with Charles P2 and Sebastian P4 but it was fair to say everyone was disappointed after Charles was so close to winning.

The cars on to complete their cool down lap as the teams made their way towards the podium at the end of the pit-lane.

"You okay?" Hannah asked as they walked towards the podium along with majority of the pit lane.