Ch. 13 - CODOMINANCE

Toni's outfit:
High School -

Toni's outfit:High School -

School / Animal Clinic -

Chapter Thirteen🌒 Codominance 🌘

Chapter Thirteen
🌒 Codominance 🌘

"Did you see it?" Tracy asked as she caught up to Theo and Toni by the busses and Toni sighed, "It was too fast." She said. "But it's here?" Tracy asked as they started walking, "Yeah. So keep your distance." Theo said while they walk toward the school. "Look, we're not trying to catch it. Not yet." Theo said and then they heard a menacing growling noise in the distance making them glance at each other before running into the school.

Inside the school, Toni, Theo and Tracy walk through the entrance hall and turn the corner down one of the adjacent hallways, where Toni stops and sees something on the lockers. Her eyes flash gold and blue for a moment, to see the Dread Doctors left a message that only shapeshifters with supernaturally-enhanced vision can see.

"DAMNATIO MEMORIAE."

"It's the same message, isn't it? What are they trying to tell it?" Tracy asked as Tonk's eyes return to their normal brown, but her expression looks grim, "Trying to get it to remember who it was." Toni said making Tracy furrow her brows.

"But isn't it just a teenager like us? Isn't it just a kid underneath?" She asked and Theo sighed, "Yeah, they don't care about that. The Doctors, they needed a body because they couldn't resurrect the Beast out of thin air. That kid underneath, whoever it is, is just a side-effect. All the Doctors care about is the Beast." Theo explained.

"So, what happens if it does remember?" She asked and Theo shook his head, "I'm not sure... The thing probably doesn't even know it turns back to human during the day." He said and Tracy thought for a second. "I read that the Beast of Gévaudan killed 113 people. Is that true?" She asked and Toni gave her a look, "The Doctors told us it was closer to 500." He said.

Just then, a door at the end of the hallway opens and closes, and they hear a combination of the Dread Doctors' skittering noise as well as a low growl. Tracy immediately flicks out her claws as she gets into fight-mode as the three slowly walk down the hallway toward the source of the noise, eventually finding the Dread Doctors standing there waiting for them.

Tracy wastes no time trying to slash one of the Dread Doctor's across the face, but it is completely unfazed by the attack. Tracy looks alarmed by this for a moment before it backhands her across the face so hard she flies into the nearby row of lockers and bounces onto the ground. "Leave." The Dread Doctor said as Theo stepped towards it, "Where is it?" He asked.

"You already have your pack."

"It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes." Theo said angrily as he flashes his golden eyes making Toni look at him for a moment. "Do they look red to you? I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf!" Theo yelled.

All of the sudden heavy footsteps that seem to shake the ground beneath their feet are heard as the Beast lumbers toward them. It is clutching the severed head of a teacher in its hand by the hair. Toni's eyes widen at the sight it as Theo slowly backs up.

After a moment, the Beast roars loudly making the three of them squeeze their eyes shut as they covered their ears. By the time the sound ceases and they open their eyes, the Doctors and the Beast have vanished. "Well that was something..." Toni mumbled as they stared at where the Beast and Dread Doctors once stood.

🌒

"Has anyone seen Stiles, or Scott McCall? I can't be the only one who thinks it's slightly coincidental they're both sick on the same day?" Ms. Flemming asked as she walked down a row of desk, "And Lydia Martin wasn't in class today, either..." She trailed off slightly.

"Oh, Lydia won't be in for a while." Toni said as she sat back in her seat, spinning a pencil around her fingers making some students and Ms. Flemming look at her. "She had medical issues." Toni said and Ms. Flemming nodded before going over to her desk.

Toni glanced over at the door to see Malia standing just outside the door, looking at her. Toni smile at her and waved her fingers slightly before Malia walked away.

🌘

"I saw you and Liam in the Library." Toni said as she leaned against the locker next to Hayden's making Hayden's eyes widen slightly. "That- That was nothing." Hayden said and Toni shook her head, "That was not nothing, Hayden. But like I said, I'm not my brother. I'm happy you going along with Liam." Toni said making Hayden look at her.

"Why are you so okay with that?" Hayden said and Toni sighed, "I don't want you to be loyal to Theo." Toni said in a slight whisper making Hayden look at her shocked before Toni walked away.

🌒

Malia searched though different files and cabinets around the clinic before sighing when she found find something. "Can't find him, can you?" Someone asked making Malia turn around to see Toni standing their, "You're not gonna find him looking thought files of sick animals." Toni said.

Malia growled slightly and lunged toward her but Toni stepped back and raised her hands up. "I'm not here to fight or taunt you." Toni said and Malia growled howled, "I should kill you." Malia said and Toni raised her eyebrows. "Keep in mind that I technically didn't do much harm. All I did was lie, pretend to be a good person and lock Scott in the library. It's Theo you should kill." Toni said before lowering her hands.

"Look, I can help you find them- Deaton and the Desert Wolf." Toni said making Malia stare at her for a moment, "How?" Malia asked. "The Dread Doctors. I know how they found everyone." Toni said.