16

16 

January 20

"Girl! Kamusta Pasko at Bagong Taon?" 

The first thing Marge asked me when we saw each other sa building. She looked like she was teasing me and at the same time, excited to answer my question. She's carrying illus, papers, and pens. She had her hair in a ponytail. 

"Masarap." I said in a casual tone. Her eyes widened, I think she got what I meant.

"Hala may ganap?" She lowered her voice so others wouldn't hear. She even looked around to see if anyone was looking at us. I nodded. She shrieked. "Hala ka oh my God!" 

She couldn't get over what I said na tipong kumakain kami ay naiisip nya. Until the end of the day, she wouldn't stop talking about it. Madudulas pa sana sya kila Ashleigh pero napigilan ko. I haven't seen Iñigo the whole day. I did not receive any text message from him either. 

To: Iñigo <3

hi how r u doing?

I was hesitant to send the message but I did. I waited hours for him to reply but he didn't. Every minute, I would open my phone to check if he replied. Pero umasa lang ako. I understand naman. He's busy, he barely has time to rest. Hindi na sya nakakakain sa oras. 

Understanding. It's what's so important in our relationship. Kahit sobrang hirap nang umintindi, I have to. I did my plates so I could forget Iñigo. I tried my best to make it look good. Iningatan ko rin ang pagkukulay at pagsusulat. My friends would ring my phone or message me para kamustahin ako. They know na hindi ko nakakausap si Iñigo.

Valid naman ang reason ko, 'di ba? As a girlfriend, I also deserve his time. As someone in a relationship, we should have time for each other. Understanding him was draining me. Kahit pag-aaral ko naaapektuhan na. Ayokong isisi sakanya pati 'yon pero pa'no?

I saw a piece of paper na dumaan sa ilalim ng door. My brows furrowed but I decided to get it. It was a folded paper that says 'open me'.

So I did. 

Open the door

Iñigo.

When I opened the door. Iñigo was standing in front of it, holding 1 fresh rose and 1 sewed rose. He looked pale and tired. Mukhang kagagaling lang sa duty dahil naka-coat pa. A smile slowly formed on my face. Instead of getting the roses from him, I hugged him.

"Tired?" I asked as I rest my face on his shoulder.

"Yeah."

"Why don't you rest? Come in, halika." I held his hand after the hug. He removed his coat and gave it to me. Sa couch muna sya nahiga dahil kailangan nyang maligo. I got out clothes that he could wear and even underwear. He took a bath on his own.