Chapter II

"with one deep breath, and one big step, i move a little bit closer"

as calum and michael drove their way to calums home, poor michael couldnt take his mind off of the sickening event that happened earlier that day.

his ex-girlfriend called, asking the purple haired boy if they could meet up for lunch. ignoring his best friends warnings, michael went to a little cafe which the name was irrelevant at the moment to the sight of his once dazzling lily sipping on a small cup of tea.

michael sat down on the unsteady, rusted metal chair, gazing at the young lady in front of him. seeming to forget the previous events that occurred just a month before.

lily carefully placed her cup on the table, not wanting to hear the clink of the porcelain glass hit the crystal clear table. lily began to form a conversation about how life is unpredictable and how some events are meant to happen and people as individuals cannot stop these "so called events" from happening, making michael not really understand the purpose of this small discussion that is seemingly one sided.

lily softly touched michaels hand, endowing a light flutter to his little heart. she began to tell michael that she is moving on and that she advises him to do the same. lily strongly proposes that and i quote, "its not you, its me" phrase, leaving michael dumbfounded that she will dare speak those awfully cliché words. to make matters worse, this damsel even suggests "we could always be friends" making michael stiff in his seat.

lily got up, giving michael a light squeeze, bidding him goodbye. this young boy then decided to call his friend to pick him up and thats where we are now. michael is currently laying his head on the cool window, observing the bystanders that seem so content with life, not even knowing how miserable he feels at the moment.

"hey buddy, i didnt know when it was the right moment to tell you but seeing you all down and crap, it seems like its the perfect moment to tell you" calum meekly smiles

michael shifted in his seat indicating he was listening.

"I got some concert tickets"

michael abruptly got up from the seat telling calum they are automatically going. calum chuckled saying they will still need to stop by his house to retrieve the tickets.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

just as the boys walked into the venue, "the way it was" started to play. michael than punched calum for not telling him that the tickets were to see the killers.

"im gonna get a drink ok?"

the purple haired boy nodded his head, not giving his full attention to calum as he stared at the stage.

michael started to free his body from troubles and let himself get carried away in the music. then a sudden sensation passed through michael. it felt as if gravity was denying his existence, making him feel scintillant.

he opened his eyes and impulsively turned his direction to the right, and thats when he saw her. a raven haired girl swinging her head to the vibrations causing her hair to fall over her face.

michael at that moment thought this was not reality. the delusional boy didnt believe the girl he was enchanted with in the red hot chili peppers concert was right before his eyes, right within his grasp.

michael slowly inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to regain himself. he then took a step forward, decreasing the amount of space between the two individuals. 

the raven haired girl opened her eyes, looking at michael make his way slowly, but steadly to her. michael was starstrucked at the way this anonymous girl was staring at him, like she was staring at a young fawn grazing in the meadows surrounded by wild flowers. he was slightly intimadated by her stare, nevertheless did he dare to turn back. 

michael was half way through the crowd, till a hand grabbed hold of his shoulder. he turned around being faced to a slighty confused calum.

"where are you going?" 

"im going to that girl with the black hair over there" michael pointed ahead of him, still facing calum.

"um.. mike what girl?" 

michael turned wide eyed looking back to the direction to where the unknown girl was, seeing absolutley nothing. michael wondered if it was a real person he saw or it was a trick of the light, but michael never once longed for something he doesnt even know was real.