chapter IV

"Your empty eyes seem to pass me by leave me dancing with myself"

driving at night always intrigued michael. the way the street lights blurred by, the way how different the city sounds when the people are asleep, and the way that the road seems endless. It gives you the feeling as if you could just keep driving constantly and that nothing could stop you.

"Michael is everything okay?" Luke wearily looks at his best friend clenching and unclenching his hand, trying to grasp the wind that passed by.

Michael brought his hand back out of the window, placing his hands on his lap.

"Yeah. why are you asking?"

"Its cause you've seemed.....distracted" the blond boy carefully said, afraid his friend will be offended.

Michael didn't respond back, seeming as how they already arrived at their curly haired friends house.

As luke put the car in park, the duo opened the door and made their way to the house that had red cups and beer bottles littering the yard.

michael was anxious to go inside. he hasn't seen most of the people that are here since school ended and he has made sure not to see them.

when luke pushed open the door a mix of smoke, sweat, and alcohol consumed michaels nostrils making the purple haired boy gag. kids from their high school greeted luke, not even acknowledging michael. he rolled his eyes at the fake smiles his best friend was exchanging with his acquaintances.

michael soon just left the irritating small talk that had to be in placed from not seeing a person for a while and made his way to the kitchen to fetch a drink. as the young boy poured his drink something dark caught his eyes.

a girl with her raven colored hair pulled up to a high ponytail was dancing with a blond who seemed more intoxicated then most of the people here.

michael wasn't sure if that was the girl he was constantly dreaming of or his eyes were just deceiving him yet again. michael did not notice his feet started to move, making way towards the girl. he tried to walk the other direction, but it was too late. the raven girl was in front of him and he was out of breath.

"uh.." michael didn't know what to say. he was mentally setting up his death at the moment as confusion was flashed on the girls face.

"your hot"

michaels eyes grew wide, realizing that comment came from the blond that had a smirk on her face. his eyes shifted to the raven haired girl, whose face at the moment was a crimson red.

"whats your name" the blond retorted, not even apologizing at her inappropriate behavior a few seconds before.

"I-im michael" he stuttered.

"Well hot stuff my name is macy and this here is my bestist friend in the entire world!" The blond girl whose name was macy shouted, causing most eyes to shift to the trio in the middle of the dance floor.