Double the battle, double the worry

Good [insert time], I'm back with a spontaneous chapter that I decided to write because I went "Oh yeah that exists let me get back on the train"

---

You decided to stay back in the "line" in order to process everything what just happened. Ralsei kept a closer eye on you with both Susie and Kris more in the lead. Nothing feels real but does at the same time. The feeling on your feet, the battle that JUST happened and your feelings. Nothing feels real but somehow you know it is. At least you have a hunch on that.

You slowed down each step a bit until you stood completely still, head lowered, lost in thought. Ralsei stopped a bit after, looking back at you with a worried face. ,,[Your_Name] are you okay?" he asks upon noticing your blank expression, comes over to you and shakes your shoulder a little. You look back up. ,,Complicated."

He simply nodded and started walking again. He probably realized you didn't want to talk about it. It's a thought that counts. You get back to walking as soon as he does so you don't stay too behind and get lost. It's quiet. Not in that much of a comfortable way. You felt like an outcast, like the third wheel.

You didn't register that you stepped on some corn ears before hearing a sound. Like a yelp, that made you stop and turn around. Living corn ears? You sure have to be crazy at this point.

It took you a while before you decided to look at the ground. And there it was- A corn looking cutely back at you on 4 legs like a spider. Yeah, there's no way you're not on drugs.

You looked back to your crew, who was in the front, a small distance from you. They stood still, turned to you. Aww, they're waiting, how nice.

,,Hey buddy..." you knelt to the corn and it made a cute sound. You were sure to be in love with this cute thing if the next thing it did wasn't punching you in the face. You shook your head, hair being more of a mess now before giving the corn a displeasing look. It was so trying to buy an apology from you with those cute eyes.

You grabbed it in your hand, wanting to squish it, before it plunged it's leaves(?) into your hand, making it bleed. You let out some groans of pain before throwing it on the ground and smacking it away with your bow.

It was a little comical, a yelp going further and further away. It made you giggle, then you remembered the bleeding hand. Four spots that are gushing blood at a slow pace.

You roll your eyes on this, hearing footsteps already approach you at too fast pace.

,,We saw what happened- More like I saw your bleeding hand, sorry. Are you okay?!" Ralsei said, catching a little of his breath.  You giggle, wiping the blood, that was already stopping flowing, into that pretty dress of yours. Just because it's a little bloody doesn't mean it's not pretty now, does it?

,,Yeah, I'm fin-" ,,Your dress is bloody now!" Ralsei said, eyes wide. You sure expected this reaction. ,,Yeah, but that's fine. I mean- Didn't you say I'll return to normal when we leave this gods forsaken place?" Ralsei nodded, though confused what it has to do with your previously just dirty dress now being bloody.

,,Well, then it means these clothes simply won't BE anymore." you say, making sure you put emphasis on the word "BE". Ralsei blinked a few times.

,,[Your_Name] means these clothes won't exist anymore." Susie nudged him and Ralsei had a little "Ohhhh" moment. ,,I mean- [Your_Name] is right but- You know, actually yeah, that's a good enough reason I suppose." Ralsei gives in, no arguments on his mind as you victoriously look to the sky... The black void to be more specific.

,,You ruined it a little." you hear a whisper so quiet like it was intended to be carried away by the wind and not be heard by anyone. Yet you did, looking at Kris. You didn't hear what you did, have you? You must be tripping... No that definitely felt real... What's going on?

,,Huh? Did you say anything, Kris?" you asked, pretending like you haven't heard anything. They looked at you a little confused, like they were asking how come you noticed them saying something but no one else heard a thing? ,,Uhm... No." you giggle embarrassingly, knowing well they're lying right now. But are you bitch enough to expose them? Of course not.

,,Ah, sorry then! Must be hearing things... Oh, we've been staying for way too long... We should get going." and Susie went with a "finally", like she was waiting for it.

You heard right, right? You heard them say you ruined a dress- You heard them care, why did they? Why do they care about a dress being ruin-

,,You're lost in thought! Get the bow ready, there's a corn army to fight!" Susie yells towards you and you comply, getting to them and standing in your untold position. But how are you meant to fight a corn army while fighting yourself?

You hate these double battles, they're just so annoying.

---

860 words. I'm (don't take me too seriously please) back.