Chapter 52 Steve Rogers

Chloe slams her hand down on a counter of the electronics store, the laptop lifts up slightly at the thud of her fist.
"I knew it! I knew Sitwell had something to do with it." She looks you, lips pinned together in anger, "I never trusted that baldy prick! We should have left him on the fucking boat."
You take her hand gently, falsely smiling and laughing as her rant draws the attention of shoppers and staff.
"C'mon," you ushers Chloe out of the store, "keep it down." You hush at her.
She looks at you apologetically acknowledging her mistake as she fumbles with her hood, covering her face.
You leave the store, and walk through the mall, you are immediately alerted to STRIKE/HYDRA/SHIELD agents, oh who the hell knows any more.
Chloe is aggressively mumbling under her breath, "I can't f...we have been played...fucking helped the lot of them...honestly Steve...utter bullshit." The volume of her voice raises with each word, you decide to clamp your hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.
You look down into her eyes "Agreed Chlo, but we have to get out of here before we get made." You tilt your head to the side, pointing out the agents.
Her eyes widen and you hold her gaze for a few seconds, forgetting your hand is on her mouth until she licks it. You let out a small smile along with a half laugh, throwing your arm around her playfully, as you walk together down the mall. Imagining for just a moment how nice it would be to live a nice normal life.
Two agents walk towards you, they haven't spotted you yet, you lean in to Chloe "pretend I said something funny." You assert quietly.
"No chance of that," she stands on her tiptoes, fixes your fake glasses and leans into your ear and whispers seductively "who do you think you are with these glasses, Clark Kent?" Planting a little kiss below your ear lobe, leaving her soft lips lingering, melting the tension for just a second.
You take in her scent, hovering your own lips on top of her head, burying your nose in her hair, coconut and something fruity intoxicates you.

The mall is crawling with agents, you need to get out as quickly as possible.
The exit is in sight, just down the escalator and straight on to the doors.
You allow Chloe to step on in front of you, the way the stairs move they force you to tower above her.
"Steve, Rumlow..." she nudges to the other side of the escalator as it moves up and you and Chloe move down, and in about 10 seconds you will be forced to meet, and you'll be made.
"Shit." Your eyes flit from side to side trying to figure out what your next move will be, do you grab Chloe and jump over the side? The 15 feet drop is nothing but it will draw attention. You could run back up, but again that will alert them to you.
"Kiss me." Chloe turns abruptly staring up at you, he blue eyes wide with fear, brows drawn together.
Baffled by her bad timing you shake your head "Now is not the time."
She takes a step up towards you a sly smile sits on her lips "public displays of affection make people uncomfortable, kiss me."
She grabs the back of your head urgently pulling your face to meet hers, lips crashing together, her tongue gently slides along yours, your cheeks flush as you feel her heartbeat through your hand that rests on her chest. Before your lips part Chloe gives your bottom lip a small nibble, she pulls away slightly before reaching up again for another graceful peck beautiful, intimate.

"See, uncomfortable." Chloe smirks, as Rumlow storms off in the opposite direction.
Unable to tear your eyes away from her, you stumble behind "thats not the word i'd use right now." You admit.
Teasing you she laughs "down boy." She throws her arm around you, pulling your cap down over your eyes.