chapter 8

once I woke up from the unwelcome surprise that is crashing out of nowhere I had to deal with the chaos in front of me. 

Toriel was flipping through a book explaining how to deal with a nocked out patient where she got that I have no clue, papyrus was stress cooking, undyne was holding me crying like I just died, alpha had her own strange book but this time it was how to fix a computer ... I'm not going to question. . . and frisk was well crying right next to undyne muttering how she messed up already and how she just lost her only second chance soooo yeah pure chaos... 

" ehhh are you all alright?" I asked confused.

papyrus was the first to respond. "SANS OH MY GOD YOUR ALRIGHT!! I THOUGHT YOU DIED! NOT THAT I DIDN'T BELIEVE IN YOU BUT YOU LOOKED LIKE WELL A BROKEN COMPUTER? STRANGELY AND ALPHYS THOUGHT YOU MIGHT HAVE CRASHED LIKE ONE DUE TO STRESS BUT-" 

"papyrus I'm fine this happens some times when I have emotions too strong for me to deal with but I'm ok." I answered.

"seriously punk you almost gave us all a heart attack what happened?" Undyne asked after she and frisk calmed down. 

everyone was now looking at me for answers but in a way it was like they where silently telling that if it was too much I didn't have to talk about it if I didn't want to which I appreciated the thought but I think they should know why that happened so that next time it happens they won't freak out again.

" 'sigh' when I freak out or I'm surprised or feel any emotion too strongly I 'crash' that what I call what happens to me like a computer you just have to press the reboot button and I should be back to normal after a few minutes an hour or two at most if I have a particular bad one and I tend to forget what happened to me to make me crash if I have a bad one but its no big deal I've lived with it for most of my immortal life."  I said trying to answer all the questions they might ask in one fell swoop. 

"O-oh m-m-my g-g-g-g-g-god SANS! this is serious! are you sure you're ok? does to happen to you any other times other than what you just listed?! s-s-should I run some tests? oh god oh god oh god is-is it painful?" alphys said the last part quietly almost scared to hear the answer.

"yes Im sure I'm ok and yes it happens when someone touches me I'm not very fond of touch I've let you all touch me because I trust you won't hurt me but anyone else and I might crash like I just did no you don't have to run tests I've done enough research to know it doesn't cause any lasting affects I'm pretty sure its just a side affect of me being a glitch and no its not painful at least not anymore I've gotten used to most pain to the point most things don't affect me." I said with full honesty not understanding the weight of what I said until it was too late.

frisks started crying again but this time it was ten times worse and chara was just flouting next to  them looking really nervous and everyone wasn't much better papyrus was right there crying just as much if not more than frisk and hugging sans like he could break and turn to dust any minute. undyne but hugging alphys trying to calm her down but not being very affective because she was crying too and toriel was trying her best to comfort frisk all in all everything was more than a disaster and I didn't know what to do but stand there hoping and praying they would calm down soon all the while telling them everything was fine and that he was fine and they didn't need to cry but it still took quite a while for everyone to calm down. all in all not the best way to start the day if I was being honest with myself but I was kind of glad because this just proves they care they care about me .