Prologue

It was cold. Drops of freezing water slid along her face and drenched her hair. Clarke was shivering while she was trying to warm herself up by approaching her hands to the still incandescent coals of fire that the rain had almost completely extinguished. She was cold and hungry, but despite this she could not decide to get up and go looking for a sheltered place to spend the night in, and food to regain strength. She felt that she deserved all of this, she felt that she deserved every drop that slipped down her neck making her shudder, and she felt that she deserved every cramp from hunger her stomach was struggling with . All she felt in her heart was pain, anger, guilt. She hated herself for what she had done, and most of all she hated Lexa, who with her betrayal forced her to do what she had done. Lexa... that name was ringing in her head all the time, she couldn't get it out of her mind, and every time she repeated it in her head, a painful twinge wrapped her heart in a piercing vise. Was it anger, resentment, frustration because of what Lexa had done...or pain? Was it possible that she felt betrayed by her? No... Clarke hated Lexa. If she saw her, she'd kill her for what she had done, or at least...she would have tried to. Lexa was very good in combat, definitely much better than her. In a fight, Lexa would have the upper hand, but at least Clarke would have died in an attempt to avenge her people. Ice-cold water drops slid along her cheeks. Was it rain, or was it tears? It had to be rain, Clarke wouldn't have shed a tear for the Commander of the 12 clans, she did not deserve her pain, but only her hate and revenge.
She stood up from the cold stone on which she was seating and walked through the forest to the nearest village. She needed to warm up and eat something, otherwise where would she find the strength to carry out her revenge? Lexa had betrayed her, she wouldn't get away with it.
...
It was already dark when she reached the village. She was completely soaked and could not stop shaking. Clarke entered an emporium, where she exchanged some items that she had brought with her from the Ark for food. She warmed up next to a fire; she had finally stopped trembling, and the cramps caused by hunger had stopped tormenting her. She looked around. She heard a strange buzz in the air, and she felt observed. When she met her eyes with the grounders present in the room, they immediately lowered their gaze. In the buzz of voices that surrounded her, she was able to clearly distinguish only one word: Wanheda.

...
Hello everyone! This is the prologue to the first fanfiction I’ve ever written. I’m watching The 100, and I’m too sorry for that *certain thing* that happens in episode 03×07. I think Clarke and Lexa are a beautiful couple, and I decided to give them a second chance :_)
I hope you will like my story, if you have any suggestions or advice to give me do not hesitate to let me know!
P.S English is not my mother tongue, so I apologize in advance for any mistake you could find.
.
.
Hey! Se sei italian* e vorresti leggere la storia in italiano, puoi trovarla nel mio profilo! : )