20

-one month later-

I was at work filling sugar caddies at the bar top. My shift was just about to be over. I felt someone sit beside me, "Oh hey Katsuki", I said as I focused back on my task.

"This is boring", he said flatly, "Well I am at work, so yes it's not supposed to be fun", I said with a small laugh. He exhaled deeply, "Let's go do something", "When I'm done", I retorted.

"How much longer?", he groaned, "When I'm done".

"You piss me off", he glanced over at me, "Is that why you're here to spend time with me, cause I piss you off?", I nudged his shoulder. "I was bored and it's a Saturday night, don't get ahead of yourself there", I laughed, "Oh sure".

"No wonder you're taking forever, you're too slow", he grabbed a caddy and started to fill it with sugar packets with me. I smiled to myself.

We sat beside each other at the bar as he helped me with my side work.

"You're doing it all wrong!", I stopped his hands from doing any more damage. "How can you even do this wrong!", he snapped back. "You're supposed to do an equal amount of every color, not all one color- have you ever been to a restaurant in your life?", his jaw clenched, "I have and I know what I'm doing!", he pulled his hands from my grip.

"Well obviously not, here do this", I said as I showed him the correct way. "See I have an equal amount of pink, white, yellow, and brown sugar packets", I showed him my finished work. "Tch, whatever", he rolled his eyes.

We sat beside each other, our arms touching as we continued with my work. "This is relaxing", he said quietly. I smiled, "Why pay for therapy when you can fill sugar caddies?", I glanced over at him, he laughed at my words, I joined him.

"Where have you been this past month, I feel like I've barely seen you", his words caused my eyes to widen.

"Busy with homework, school, work you know all the fun stuff", I hated lying. I've been sneaking around with Shoto this past month.

"As your only friend, I'm a priority", he said, I chuckled, "What makes you think you're my only friend", he scoffed, "Name one other friend you have besides me, Izuku doesn't count". "I well- I have... you know- that one person-", he stopped me, "HA! Told you!", he cheered.

I elbowed his shoulder, "Oh shut up", I said, trying my best to suppress a smile. He looked over to me, our eyes met. Smiles on both our faces, "I hate you", I said, "I hate you too". I felt my stomach flutter with butterflies.

Suppressing my feelings for Katsuki was going to be a lot harder said than done.

Whenever he was around. He felt like home. I felt safe with him. All my worries, fears, were gone.

When he held me, everything felt okay in the world, in his arms. Most times, I never wanted him to let me go. I wanted it to stay like this. Just him an I.

"Alright, let's get out of here", I said as I took my apron off my waist. "Finally", Katsuki groaned.

"Oh I know you loved every second of it hush", I threw my arms around him and we walked out.

I felt my stomach growl, the scent of the hot dog stand making my mouth water. "Hungry?", I asked. "Starving", his eyes stayed ahead of him.

"This place looks good", I said as I stood in front of a breakfast diner. He looked over at me, my eyes met his, "It's 6pm you can't eat breakfast right now", he furrowed his brows. "Why not?", I shrugged my shoulders. "Because it's dinner time, so you eat dinner", he snapped back.

"We're adults, we can do whatever we want, and pancakes sound pretty good to me", I started to enter the building. I looked back and he hesitated for a moment then followed.