1.

"It smells really nice in here" Evan thought to himself from the bathroom. "That's so cute that they think baking me a cake will help them. It would be a shame for anything that mom's making to go to waste. I'll take it with me when I go." Evan sat in the bathroom for another hour. He thought about his parents and sister. He thought hard about if he was okay with going to jail for the rest of his life. The answer was no, and this is why he was going to disappear. He looked around at the bathroom walls, covered in pastel pink paint. Then, Evan looked down at his skin. His arms were blanketed in cuts and burn marks. He thought about the abuse that he endured from this family. He thought about the most recent time that he was forced to miss school. The bruises, cuts, and burns that covered Evan's face and body would have been sure to have him assigned to a new home. He had been forced to go and stay with a different family before. Somehow, he was sent back to his abusive family. He always did everything he could to get away from them. Evan stayed in the bathroom for five more minutes. Evan even thought about the cake that was being made as well as the breakfast that was already on the table. He soon decided that it was time to get this show on the road. He got up, put a mask on, and took a long look at himself in the mirror. Slowly, Evan walked out into the kitchen. He saw his family sitting around the table talking. They were each tied to their chairs. Evan was determined to have a few minutes where he could be around them without being hit or burned.

"Will you please take the cake from the oven so that it doesn't burn?" Evan's father asked quietly. It almost sounded as if he was begging. Evan nodded and walked swiftly to do what his dad told him to do. Evan took the cake from the oven and placed it gently on the countertop to cool.

"You seem to be in a good mood today. Maybe this time, you'll act the way that you should, and we'll have more good days like this," Evan's mother stated calmly.

"I'm sure I will have more good days," Evan said quietly, not looking at any of his family. He sat down and started to eat his breakfast while everyone stared at him. He looked around, laughed, and went back to eating his food.

"I want you all to enjoy your last day. ShaLynn, I know that chocolate cake is your favorite. Why don't you cut the first piece," Evan said in the sweetest voice he could muster. He walked over to the counter and brought his mother the uncut chocolate cake. After setting it down in front of her, Evan untied her hands, knowing that she wouldn't be able to move the rest of her body. ShaLynne cut the cake into eight slices with the assumption that everyone would have two of them. Evan patted her head and began to place slices of cake in front of everyone. Slowly everyone started to dig into the dessert that was placed in front of them. One by one, the Wheeler family began to cough and gag.

"I bet none of you expected this one, did you? After all of these years of abuse, I finally got you all back. ShaLynn, burning me with your cigarettes and curling irons. John, beating me every morning as if nothing in the world made you happier than to see me scream and cry. I think I could have been able to get over all of that if Jemarie hadn't joined in. My own baby sister. I loved you more than anything or anyone in the world. As soon as you were able to see what I was going through, you turned around and hurt me even worse. Maybe your brother's love wasn't enough. That's okay, but you all have hurt and tortured me enough. It's time for me to get on with my life." Evan explained to them. By the time Evan had finished what he had to say, all three of the bodies at the table were lifeless. Evan stood up, opened the door, and walked outside.

This would be the first day of the rest of his life.