3.

I don't think I've ever driven so fast in my entire life. I pulled into the driveway, and there was already a car parked. This couldn't be good. I ran into the house to see Madison sitting alone on the couch.

"Have you always had a sister?" Madison asked through tears. The crack in her voice broke my heart. I was sure that she had learned everything that I had been keeping from her by this point. I nodded quietly. I looked up to see Jemarie coming out from the bathroom.

"It's so nice to see you, Evan! Would you prefer that I call you Cameron, or are you ready to be who you really are?" My sister asked with a sinister tone to her voice. It sounded as if she was ready to end everything that I had worked towards. I sat down on the floor, knowing that Madison would move away if I tried to sit with her.

"Why would you lie to me?" my wife asked, still crying. Madison and Jemarie both looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"I shouldn't have. I was wrong, and I'm really sorry. I can explain everything now, and there will be no more secrets." I said calmly. I looked up to see a look of bewilderment on Jemarie's face.

"What the hell could he possibly tell you to make this right? He killed our family and lied about it! How do you move past that?" Jemarie yelled, taking slow steps towards Madison. I stood up to stop her. Madison looked between the two of us, and she stood up.

"Tell me everything," she said with the sternest voice she could make. She looked up at my sister and said, "You better not interrupt him. I don't need to hear shit from you." Jemarie nodded quietly as if she was in some kind of trouble.

"I was abused as a kid. My dad used to leave me in the basement for days at a time with no food and only dirty water to drink. My mom would cut me up and burn the cuts with her cigarettes whenever I did something she didn't like. Whenever CPS would get involved, they would make it seem like I did these things to myself, and they didn't know how to deal with my behavior. So I was always getting sent to different foster homes and staying with other families. My sister, though, never did anything. She never even attempted to help. She never tried to tell anyone the truth, and one day I asked why and she said that I deserved everything that happened to me. In my eyes, she was just as bad as my parents. So one day, when I was sent back again, my mom made a cake to make it seem like she was happy for me to be back. I poisoned the cake and left them to die. I waited until I was eighteen and legally changed my name to Cameron Miller. I got a job, and then a year later, I met you. I was hoping that none of this would ever come out because I don't want you to see me as some kind of monster," I said calmly. I couldn't do anything but tell the truth. I looked up at Madison, and she nodded but didn't say anything.

"You should have told me, but I understand why you didn't," Madison said, drying her eyes.

"What do you mean you understand? Not only is he a liar, but he's a murderer too! Your kids will never get to meet their grandparents," Jemarie yelled. She obviously didn't like the way this was going.

"My parents are perfectly alive and have never been abusive." my wife said frankly. Jemarie did the closed-mouth scream that teenage girls do when they don't get their way.

"I know I was wrong, and I'm really sorry for not telling you sooner." I apologized again.

"I mean, honestly, Cam, how would you have told me that anyways?" She laughed. "Hey babe, I killed my family when I was sixteen."

This definitely wasn't how I had expected her to react. I'm happy that she doesn't seem upset about it.

"Something's wrong with the both of you. I'm definitely going to the police!" Jemarie kept shouting. This was when Madison did something I'd never expect from her.

"I bet the hell you won't," Madison said quietly while walking towards her.