5.

"What do you mean you could do it?" I sat on the steps so that I could talk to Madison and still see Jemarie.

"You heard what I said, Cam. Now that we've established that your ears work, how are we going to get rid of this girl?" Madison asked with an attitude. I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"If I have to do it myself, say that. I've done it before, Cameron. I know what to do," she said quietly. I turned my head so fast that I almost broke my neck.

"What do you mean? When have you done this before?" I stood there, mind blown, as my wife talked as if this was an everyday thing.

"It was only once. A few months after Juno came to stay with us, I heard her in the basement talking to someone about how she had planned to kidnap the baby after they're born. We're obviously not going to let that happen, so I had to get rid of her." Madison shrugged and turned back to the food she was preparing. I nodded my head in agreement and walked back to the basement.

"Honestly, if you were going to kill me, it would have been done already. You should just let me go now, and maybe I'll be nice and not tell the police." I ignored Jemarie as I looked for the baseball bat that should have been nearby. Once I found it, I aimed for her neck and swung. I hit her hard enough for it to hurt, but not too hard so that her neck didn't break. I decided to take my time. Jemarie came to me. She knew what she would be getting herself into. I hit her a few more times, and suddenly I felt a hand on my back.

"Are we playing with her?" Madison laughed lightly as she watched me hit my sister some more. I nodded, and she took the bat from my hands. Madison reached into her back pocket and pulled out a small white knife. She stepped towards Jemarie and cut from her temple to her chin. Luckily, the basement was soundproofed because Jemarie screamed as loud as she possibly could. I don't think I've ever heard Madison laugh louder. I picked up the bat one more time, and I hit Jemarie in the back of the head with it. Her body went limp. I didn't want her to die yet. I put my bat away, and I lead Madison back upstairs.

"How long do you want to keep her? I was planning to paint the basement this weekend, so figure it out before then."

I nodded. I planned to have her out by Wednesday, but this gives me time to figure out how to hide the body. I started to head towards the stairs.

"I'm going to bed. Are you coming?"

Madison shook her head and opened a box of cookies. She seemed unphased by all of this, and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I sat at the top step for a few minutes to see if she'd change in any way and she didn't. I went into the bathroom and got ready for a shower. I could still hear the tv show that Madison was watching and it sounded like she might have been cooking something. I tried to figure out what we were going to do with Jemarie. By the time I left the shower, I had everything planned out. I was about to slide into bed until I heard the sound of something heavy falling. I ran downstairs, thinking that something happened to Madison.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, looking around the room. There were seven black bags on the floor.

"This is your sister."

I ran to the basement. It was a bloody mess. I ran back up the stairs and turned a light on. Madison had changed clothes, her hair was up, and there was blood smeared on her forehead.

"What did you do to her"

"Don't worry about it. Take some of these bags and drop them off at the landfill. Make sure they're all in different areas."

I nodded and started grabbing bags. I carried everything out to the car and when I looked up my neighbor was standing right next to me.

"Will you be able to carry all of those? The girl looked a little heavy when I saw her alive." Josh asked just loud enough for the both of us to hear.