4.

"Do I call you Evan or Cameron now?" Madison asked as we carried an unconscious Jemarie to the basement.

"That's not important right now. We can talk about it another time," I said quickly, and I dragged Jemarie's body down the last set of steps. I was careful to make sure that her head didn't hit anything. I didn't want her to wake up.

"I feel like our whole marriage is a lie," Madison said quietly. A few tears dropped from my face. I knew I had messed up. I shook off my thoughts and focused on the task at hand. We sat Jemarie down in a chair and began to tie her arms and legs. She started to open her eyes, so I taped her mouth closed just before she started screaming. I walked towards Madison, and she stepped away from me.

"We need to figure this out. Now isn't the time for apologies. What are we going to do with her?" Madison whispered. She shook her head in disbelief.

"I know, but I'm sorry, Maddie." I apologized anyway. She nodded and hugged me. I took a step back towards my sister and took the tape from her mouth.

"You need to shut the fuck up. No one's going to the police. You better pray that you make it out of here because last time, you got lucky," I said with authority. She nodded.

"I'm definitely going to the police as soon as I get out of here. You're both insane," Jemarie laughed. I didn't even notice that Madison had moved until she hit Jemarie in the back of the head, knocking her out again.

"I think that should buy us a little more time. Now, what are we going to do with her?" Madison asked a little louder this time. Her voice had a sense of urgency and I knew it was time to get serious.

"I might have to kill her," I said in a low voice. She nodded in agreement, and it took me by surprise.

"Madison, did you hear what I said?" I asked to make sure. She nodded her head again and walked out of the room.

"This is really something," I could hear her from the bathroom. "My husband's a killer! How will I tell my mom?" Madison laughed so loud that she scared Jemarie awake. She looked around, but luckily for me she still didn't scream.

"What did you come here for? You could have just lived the rest of your life away from me, but now I have to make sure you don't leave this house alive." I said quickly and quietly.

"I'm not surprised, murderer. You watched your parents die and didn't care. Why would I think that you would care about me?" Jemarie stated like it was nothing. I laughed.

"Did you think you were going to have some cute brother-sister moment? There's no time for all of that," Madison stepped out of the bathroom. I nodded and pulled the chair that Jemarie was tied to farther back into the basement.

"Where are you taking me?" My sister looked around nervously. I ignored tried her, but Madison hit her one more time.

"I can't shoot her. That's too noisy," I looked at Madison helplessly. "I don't want to do anything that can be traced back to me," She shook her head.

"What happened to Evan the killer?" Madison asked impatiently. "You'll just have to do what you did the last time and pray that it works." I nodded and kept thinking of other things to do.

"Or I could do it," Madison said as she walked back upstairs.