CHAPTER TWO

MAX'S POV

"YOU!" The lecturer pointed me out in the first class I attended. "Stannap!" (said in English)

"Sis, stand up." whispered the gay man next to me. (said in Taglish)

I just sighed. "My name is Max," I said in front of the class. "Please teach me well." Since it's the first day of school, all classes are purely introductory. (said in English)

"That's it?" asked the lecturer. (said in English)

"I've no more to say, sir." I replied and went back to my seat. (said in English)

"Nonsense." I heard the lecturer said angrily. (said in English)

I didn't expect the first day of class was such a good start for me(sarcastic tone).When I arrived, someone catch my feet. Moreover the lecturers did not seem to make a good impression on me. Most of them, the way they look at me aren't good.

"Hi!" I looked at the greeter from behind. "I'm Michiko." she held out her hand to me. (said in English)

"Max." I shook her hand.

"I know, we're classmates," she smiled amusedly. "Let's have lunch together!" (said in English)

"Sure." I fake a smile. (said in English)

"Here we are," Michiko pointed out the first table after entering the canteen. "This is my friends' table," she said as she put down her things. "You order first." (said in Taglish)

I just nodded at her then I went straight to the line. I ordered chicken spaghetti, sandwiches and juice. Then I lined up in line to approach the cashier.

"115 pesos," said the cashier as she pressed the machine in front of her. I took out my payment and handed it to her. "What is that?" (said in Taglish)

“Cash.” I said casually. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"We don't accept cash here. Didn't you go through orientation?" she began to get rude so I frowned. (said in Taglish)

"Miss, here's her fee." said the man's familiar voice. From my side I saw his arm. So here comes the Siopao. "Please come with me," he said then looked down at me and smiled. "Just give it back to me when it's okay. That's our table." He pointed out the table isolated from the crowd. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I just sighed again. It looks like I have no choice because the cashier is in the mood to be rude. When I reached back for the card, I picked up the tray and went straight to the table pointed out by Siopao.

"Thanks," I laid the card on the table. "I'll pay you later--" I wasn't able to finish what I was about to say when he slammed up the bottom of the tray. All of the food was thrown in my face and the spaghetti noodles slowly fell on my t-shirt. (said in English)

Laughter, shouting and whispering quickly echoed around me. I could do nothing but close my eyes to suppress my annoyance.

DEIB'S POV

DESPITE what I did I still felt like I'm the one who annoyed. Taguro still has no reaction. The reaction on her face hadn’t even changed since she entered the canteen. There was only one reaction on her face, blank. Blunted affect.

This woman is freaking weird!

"What did you do, Deib?" Lee growled. (said in English)

"Just shut up and let's go." I smirk at him then I stood up first. My friends follow me. I looked at Taguro with a smirk then I walked away. (said in English)

"Wait, Lee.." Tob interrupted. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I angrily turned to Lee who I didn't expect to approach Taguro then. "Tch! Your friend is trying to be a hero again." I growled at Tob. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"You're crazy, you embarrassed that woman!" he laughed. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I winced as I shrugged my shoulder. "She messed with the wrong guy, dude. That's her karma." then I smirk but I get pissed again because Lee was still there acting like a hero. "Let's go, Lee Roi!" (said in English)

I looked at that woman again. I sighed with laughter but the annoyance was still in my face and mind. I couldn’t take my evil look away from her.

The courage to stomp a handsome man, huh? You deserve that! Tch!