CHAPTER NINE

DEIB'S POV

After class, Kim and I headed straight to Pavilion Mall. She mentioned liking a dress there, and she hoped they had her size available now. But I was surprised to see the dress she want. It was a red tube dress, about a meter high from the knee. That's how short it is.

"That's it?" I asked, frowning as I looked at the dress. "What's good about that? Is that even a dress? Tch." I averted my gaze. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

She made a cute face to me. "Come on, I'm gonna wear a blazer when I wear this I promise. I really want this, Deib." (said in Taglish)

"That's too short, Kim." (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"That's the trend nowadays, Deib." she said, pouting again. Clinging to my arm and stomping on the floor. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"Then don't go with the trend?" (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"I'll only take off my blazer when you're the only one around me." she whispered. (said in Taglish)

I wasn't able to react for a moment and smiled. But I still refuse. Tch! "How about your legs? That's too revealing, when you wear it you're wearing almost nothing. Tch." (said in Taglish)

Those who saw and heard our conversation with Kim were whispering with a smile on their face. We were like a couple arguing. That's how comfortable Kim and I with each other.

"Please, Deib? I really want it." Kim insisted. (said in Taglish)

"Fine," I said with a frown then gave it to the cashier to pay. "Do you want anything else?" (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

She hugged my arm and shook her head with a smile. "I got a lot already, this one's enough to make me happy." she didn't take her eyes off the dress after that. (said in English)

"You'll only wear that when I'm the only one around you, okay?" I clarified. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

She smiled and looked up at me then nodded. "Yes." (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

As we walked, Kim couldn't stop smiling while looking at the paper bag. She didn't notice that she suddenly held my hand. I stopped walking, and so did she. She looked at me, and I slowly raised our clasped hands.

"Kim," I looked at her. "Does this mean..." (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

She laughed and tapped my arm. "No, what are you thinking?" Then we both laughed. "I'm just happy because I bought the dress I wanted. Thank you, Deib Lohr." (said in Taglish)

"Tch, I thought..." I pouted. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

She hugged my arm. "Just a little more patience, please?" (said in Taglish)

I smiled. I have a strong feeling before we finish high school, she would finally say yes. "I'm not in a hurry anyway," I answered confidently. "I'm almost your boyfriend already." I held her hand this time. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"Shall we eat?" she invited. "Anywhere, as long as you'll feed me." (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I grinned. Oh Kim! "Sure, anything for you. I'll even help you chew if you want?" (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"Maybe." she joked. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I let her choose the restaurant where we would eat. From entering until we sat down, she still couldn't take her eyes off the paper bag. I chuckled because she kept peeking at the dress inside.