CHAPTER EIGHT

MAX'S POV

"WHAT TOOK you so long?" Maxwell said when I got to the main gate. He texted Naih to meet me at the main gate. He said he would give me something and said it's important so I went right away. (said in English)

"What do you want?" I asked lazily, averting my eyes from him. (said in English)

"Take this." he's holding out a paperbag. Based on the brand I already knew that's a phone. (said in English)

I just stared at him then I sighed. "I don't want one. I still have class, I'll go ahead." then I left him. (said in Taglish)

"Hey." he said but I continued on my way. (said in English)

I don’t need a phone, I don’t want a phone. I don't have someone to call. If there is one, it's just Naih, who I spend time with every day.

I went straight to my class. But I feel like I've lost the urge to listen. I'm absentminded in class, exhausted in anticipation of the afternoon break.

"Good thing our seatwork we did is okay, we're very good." Michiko said cheerfully. (said in Taglish)

"So always come with us," Naih put her arm over Michiko's shoulder. "Don't lose hope, just study hard!" (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

I looked at them then I sighed and averted my gaze. Naih and I noticed Michiko's weakness in class. At the lecturer's simple question, she shivered badly. After all, all the answers to those questions are in the book, maybe she's just not reading. Or she doesn't understand the texts written in the book. She just need a little more focus, everyone went through that situation anyway.

"Yeah, I've been inspired by you and Max." Michiko said then hid the notebook she was holding. (said in Taglish)

"Not funny, huh!" Migz grouched. "I'm also here, sis! Can I be inspiring too?" they laughed. (said in Taglish)

"You're my idol when it comes to leadership, don't worry, Migz." Michiko replied. (said in Taglish)

"Hmp!" Migz faked a contemptuous response and then tapped me slightly. "You're staring into nothing again, sis!" (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"Tss." I averted my gaze.

I'm not staring into nothing, something just caught my attention. It's Siopao, and his two friends. Walking up to the building that is right in front of us now.

They glanced at what I was looking at. "Woosh! Lee is the one you're looking at, isn't he?" Migz's asked in a teasing tone. I frowned at him. "Only Lee has the potential to make you like him." (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"There they are, the F3," Naih laughed out loud, she sat down next to me. "Wait, Lee is the guy often speak in English, isn't he? He speak English as if he were born abroad," she joked. "You guys seem to knew them very well, huh? They are the 'feeling F4' of the campus, anyway." (said in Taglish)

"They're kind." Michiko's compliment, smiling. I turned to them. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"In what way they have been kind?" I asked disappointedly. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)

"Oh, wait, I'll tell you two about them," Migz led the 'storytelling'. "Let's start with Tob." he place both of his hand on his waist. (said in Tagalog/Filipino)