III

Lexa was sitting on the counter waiting for the pasta to finish as Clarke was finishing the pesto. Since college had started it was hard to see their friends, but they were having most of their friends over Clarke's birthday.

Lexa and Clarke were making pesto, Monty and Harper were bringing homemade garlic bread, Lincoln and Octavia were bringing homemade baked breaded eggplant, Murphy and Bellamy were bringing cheesecake, while Raven and Luna took the easy way out and brought a salad.

"Here taste this," Clarke said putting a little bit of pesto on a spoon. She smiled at how cute she thought Lexa looked as she licked the spoon and began nodding her head. "Good?"
"Perfect," Lexa said still nodding her head as she handed the spoon back to Clarke.

Once she put the spoon in the sink she stood in between Lexa and hugged her, resting her head on the brunette's chest.

"What's wrong?" Lexa asked as she ran a hand through the blonde hair in front of her.
"Nothing, I just wanna hug you."
"I love you baby," Lexa said with a big smile as she kissed her on the top of her head.
"I love you too," Clarke said, tightening her grip around Lexa's waist.

"And I'm also so grateful for your mom."
"Why?"
"Uhh, I don't know, maybe because she's renting us an apartment for the next four years."

It was a three-bedroom apartment with two and a half bathrooms, a decent-sized kitchen, a living room, and a small dining room. There was the master bedroom, which the two girls shared. The bedroom was big enough to have a king-sized bed, two dressers, a desk, two nightstands on either side, and a dog bed for Picasso. One of the other bedrooms was a guest bedroom, while the other one was the storage room and also where Clarke made her art.

"Forever," Clarke corrected her.
"What?"
Clarke nodded her head, "Well not really for forever. After everything that happened with your mom she decided that until we both have a steady income and can pay for somewhere ourselves, she'll pay. She's still pissed I'm not gonna be a doctor, but she also still wants me to get a master's in whatever I major in, so it was originally six years, and now she's renting till we can pay. I know it's gonna mess up our plans for the future, but-"

"No, but," Lexa said cutting her off. "Your mom is renting this apartment for us, to live together, for me to feel safe, because I can't do that in my own home anymore. It's more than my so-called mother would ever do for us. I don't care if we never get to travel the world. Hell, I'll even become a doctor if she wants me to. I'm so grateful for your mom, I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay her."

"She's already made herself very clear on how to repay her, stay there every summer while we're in college and lots and lots of grandkids."
"I'll make sure we follow through with both of those things," Lexa said smiling.
"You want kids," Clarke asked lifting her head off Lexa's chest.
"Drunk you last year said we're having twelve kids, so we'll be giving her twelve grandkids, one way or another."
"Sounds like a plan," Clarke said smiling as she laid her head back on Lexa's chest.

They stayed like that, Clarke's arms wrapped around Lexa's waist with her head on Lexa's chest, Lexa sitting on the counter with her arms wrapped around Clarke's neck while she gave her small soft kisses on top of Clarke's head.

"Hey we've never danced in the kitchen yet," Clarke said when she heard Dancing in the kitchen by LANY come on.
"So?" Lexa asked confused.

Clarke went over to the table and grabbed her phone. She put on fallingforyou by 1975 and looked over to see a big smile on Lexa's face. She walked back over to her and picked her up off the counter, putting her down gently.
"Lexa Woods, will you have this dance with me?"
"I would love to."