The Meeting - Chris and Ellie

Andy had convinced her to spend the night at his place since she had arrived back in town not long ago and apart from her childhood friends, Ellie knew no one. Brenda, her best friend, was out of town and Brooke, her sister, was spending the New Year's Eve with her boyfriend. Everyone was having their own thing, including Danny whose parents dragged him to some fashionable party in New York to which she refused to go. Therefore, she let herself be convinced by her favorite cousin, and one with whom she shared a closed relationship, to join his own party at the apartment he shared with a friend.

Their mothers were sisters and they were the exact some age with just a couple of months separating their birthday. Though there were other kids in their families, Ellie and Andy always preferred to be with one another. The things they liked and lived for were the same. When she had to move to Connecticut because of her mother's work, she missed him the most. More than anything else in the Emerald City that she adored with her entire soul. During that time, they used to keep in touch by writing letters to one another and talk on the phone and on school vacations, her aunt sometimes sent him to be with them. Andy started to dream with stardom at a very young age, and Ellie was the one that believed in him the most. Maybe because she was the one who knew him better too, but she knew he had something in him that would take him to wherever he wanted. He started writing songs quite soon and she was always baffled by the amazing lyrics he came up with. He was a poet. Andy brought attention to wherever he was because he emanated love. It was not only the brilliance of his being and the undeniable talent, but it was also the light he carried with him. Andy beamed. Malfunkshun was his first band and he was then in a new one called Mother Love Bone in which he remained. They were a truly hot act in Seattle. Seattle was thriving at that point though. Mother Love Bone were not alone in marking the city as a bringer of talents. Many other bands were gathering a solid fan base and clubs were always packed to see them live. The world was just beginning to pay attention to their club scene, but it had been a couple of years since it all started boiling. Andy shared an apartment with the vocalist of one of those bands, but she had yet had the chance to meet any of his new friends apart from one of his bandmates, Stone Gossard, a kid from Capitol Hill that she immediately connected with due to his witty sense of humor.

That night she knew she was going to meet most of the people Andy was so fond of and she was also rather excited to make new friends. Andy went to pick her up at the ferry that brought her from Bainbridge where she lived in a green truck that he said it belonged to his best friend Chris. Chris Cornell, Soundgarden's singer and his best friend. The sky was already dark, filled with bright stars, but it was a cold night. Even inside the old truck, Ellie kept her thick black coat on for the air conditioner was not working. It was freezing inside it. Even when they talked, white fog formed near their lips due to the mix of temperatures.

"You're gonna love Chris!" Andy told her sounding truly enthusiastic. "He is the most wonderful guy I've ever met." Ellie smiled, shaking her head, and looking at him by the corner of her eye. "Not to mention his kindness." She had heard so much about him, that it seemed somehow she knew him. "He is amazing..." Andy giggled.

"You are always talking about him." Ellie smacked her cousin's arm. Andy hit the breaks for a red sign and looked at her.

"He's gorgeous!" He told her and Ellie rolled her eyes, smiling. "No..." Andy pointed a finger at her and then shook his unruly long blond hair away from his face. "Every girl wants a piece of him. I would too if I were gay." He cracked a laughter and Ellie started laughing too.

"Have you considered making an exception?" She winked, teasing him and he narrowed his eyes at her, adjusting the fake fur of the collar of his jacket.

"I have but he rejected me." He said and they both started laughing loud. "That motherfucker is straight and not even curious about trying anything." They laughed again and Ellie shook her head, knowing it was all Andy's joke.