Goodbye

To My Dearest Sister,

Mary, I am afraid that if you’re reading this, I couldn’t make it like I promised. I swear I tried my hardest. I did everything I could, but it just wasn’t enough. Now just because I am writing this letter, doesn’t mean it gives you the right to be upset. I need you to take my place in the family. I know mother and father will be heartbroken so I'm passing the responsibility onto you to look after them. You should know that I used everything you taught me. I was kind and compassionate when needed but sometimes it was hard, since it reminded me of you. I missed mother and father so much but not as much as I missed you. I told people about you. About how your smile is so annoyingly bright that it's hard to look at. And I even tried to tell them something bad about you, but it is so difficult when you have the best sister you could ever ask for. Now, listen carefully, this is extremely important: do not cry for too long. I would say don’t cry at all, but I know how silly your emotions are. I hoped you laughed at that. Attached with this letter should be my entire diary. You know the one you gave me. I used it every day as you requested and recorded the good and bad. Nothing is missed out. I folded the corner of the page on the bad ones so if you don’t want to read them you don’t have to. I got sad a few times as expected so no judging! I just really wish I could see you one last time. For just a fraction of a second. But I want to see you with a smile, no tears. I also thought you should know that I didn’t go without thinking of you. I wasn’t in pain, and I wasn’t afraid. Well to begin with I was but then I realised that it was going to be just fine. And it was.

I love and miss you so much,

James. A. Bates

•°•°•°•°•°
A/N so this is the end. feel free to comment :)