16| Newcomers

Currently on the Air Manta...

Tatsumi: "Whoa! Coool! This feels great!"

Chelsea: (laughs) "For an assassin, you're unbelievably innocent, Tatsumi. You're funny."

Night Raid had fled their base as it had been recently raided last night by Dr. Stylish. Susanoo sat cross-legged, his arms crossed as he kept his usual stern look. Tatsumi was having fun with the ride, the other newcomer, Chelsea, seemed to be going along with his behavior. Leone was currently talking to Najenda, who were sitting in the middle of the Air Manta.

Lubbock and Mine were nervous and were shaking, thinking that they were going to fall. It wasn't really a surprise if they felt that way, considering they had no way to secure themselves on there and were traveling on high speeds.

Leone: "Still, this is more fun than I thought!"

Mine: "No, it is not!"

Leone: "Hey, at least you're not like... Uh..."

The sound of someone puking could be heard, the other members of Night Raid turning to two particular people. Over on one of the edges of the Air Manta, Akira was currently hunched over with Akame soothing him as she was patting and rubbing his back. The icy blue-eyed teen was currently puking off to the side.

Akira: (panting heavily) "Why... Why is it that I can handle boats just fine... But it's always the fucking air and fucking carriages! God dammit, fuck motion sickness!"

His face then turned green as he held his mouth, going over the edge once more as he continues to hurl, the raven-haired girl only sighing with a sheepish look. The other members of Night Raid, except Susanoo, only deadpan at the Ice Cold Reaper. Akira was a famed assassin with a well-known moniker. But little did they know that one of the Ice Cold Reaper's weaknesses is none other than motion sickness.

---

80 kilometers Southeast of the Empire, Marg Highlands

The Air Manta soon lands and the group get off, the first being Akira as he practically jumps off and lands on the grass, looking like he was trying to hug the ground for comfort. Akame only giggled at his behavior, it bringing back memories of the many times they traveled by carriage and wagons when they were heading to different villages for their missions. They would have to stop every now and then so Akira could recover, as he would constantly vomit during their trips.

Najenda: "Dotted with dozens of sheer plateaus, it has a unique ecosystem all it's own. The Danger Beasts that reside here are of a high level, and it's not fit for human habitation. It is an 'unexplored territory.' And because it's an unexplored territory, it's the perfect place to hide out. A fitting place for our new hideout is currently being scouted out by the Revolutionary Army's reconnaissance team somewhere closer to the Capital. Until then, we will train here."