TOBIAS POV

Dear Tris,

I need you. Please come back. I need you so much and I'm hurting so much and I just need you back. You are a part of me and I need the part back. Please tell me this isn't real. Just let me wake up! Please. Why am I even writing this, I don't know but I need you back please! Just, please! I've turned back the clock and turned into a begging child, help me please.

I cry on a daily basis now. Cristina and Peter used to try to talk to me, and comfort me, but now they just come into my room everyday to force food and water down my throat, and pick up the pieces of whatever I've broken that day. I live in my bed now. I think about you every single second of the day, and when the thoughts just start to hurt too much, I stand up and scream and grab anything I could break. There's not much left to break now. Peter once tried to take all the breakable things out of my room, but I almost killed him.

They think I'm crazy. They think I'm insane. They just don't know. They have no idea how much it hurts. It's like when I think the pain of losing you can't get worse, it gets worse. Why won't it stop? Please, Tris! Please just come back to me. Just come back! I need you! I'm so broken. Please.

I'm begging and it's getting worse because I know this begging will get me no where because when I'm done with this letter I'll just throw it away, shred, or burn it. Because I can't send it anywhere. It's not like I could send it to you.

Because you're dead.

----------------------------------------
Authors note;

Sorry that chapter was super short, I just needed a way to start the letters😔

I started writing this to deal with the pain I was feeling for Tobias when Tris dies. I just needed a way to let it out

I hope this first chapter conveys Tobias' agony from losing Tris as well as it did in Veronica Roth's books. Probably not ;)

This story is set in between the time that Tris dies, and Tobias moves on 2 years later. This is only 1 week after her death.