</3

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

【 Genre:Angst 】AU:ModernWord Count — 558 words•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

【 Genre:Angst 】
AU:Modern
Word Count — 558 words
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

sae-byeok starts ignoring you and you finally know the reason why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we were sitting on the couch, not talking to each other. we're dating but we were ignoring each other's presences. i decided that i was going to break the silence.

"sae-byeok," i called. she hears me but she doesn't look my way, she's too busy looking at her phone. does she even care about me anymore?

"sae-byeok," i say once more, getting impatient. she turns her head to look at me, "why have you been ignoring me for the past weeks?"

she turns her phone off and looks down.

"sae-byeok, i need to know what i've been doing wrong so i could fix the problem." i assured her rubbing her back. she moves my hand away from her, i thought she loved my touches.

there was still no answer, i sighed in disappointment and was about to leave until i felt a hand grab my arm. i look back at sae-byeok.

"now you want to talk?" i asked, she nods. i sat myself down, facing myself towards her.

"you aren't doing anything wrong." she says, looking away.

"what is the reason of you ignoring me?" i asked, again.

"i just," she pauses. she sighs, "i think you deserve someone better than me."

"why would i need anyone else? you're better than enough for me." i reassured her. she looks back up at me and shakes her head slowly.

"i love you, [y/n]," she says, tears falling out of her eyes, this was the first time i've seen her cry, she leans in to kiss me. i kiss her back.

"i don't think we could work out." she says, finishing her sentence. my heart broke, i didn't know what to feel.

"what do you mean?" i asked, not believing what i heard.

"you're too good for me, i hate that i can't do more for you." she says, rubbing her tear with her sleeves.

"it bothers me. i wish i could do more, but no matter how hard i try, it's never good enough that it satisfies me." she tells me.

"sae-byeok please, i love you so, so much." i tell her.

"we can't do this, you have to find someone better." she tells me. "anyone in the world is better than me."

"no, sae-byeok, you are good for me, please don't do this." my tears are taking over me, she hugs me.

"do you love someone else? is that why you're leaving me?" i asked.

"nobody will ever be better than you." she places her jacket around me, "please, forget about me." she walks away. why didn't i stop her?

those were the last words she said before she walked away, i've never seen her again after that. i still kept her jacket, i never washed it because i didn't want the scent of her to fade away.

i hug it to sleep, i bring it everywhere with me. i wish that i could meet her, again. to tell her how much she means to me. this was all my fault, i shouldn't of given up on her. i just want to see her once more, so we can work things out.

i couldn't be happy without sae-byeok, i will never forget her.

11/27/2021