:)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

【 Genre:Fluff 】AU:ModernWord Count — 913 words•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

【 Genre:Fluff 】
AU:Modern
Word Count — 913 words
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

you and sae-byeok go out for a walk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on a saturday nights, sae-byeok and i go out on walks. walking late at night puts me at ease and calms me when i'm around someone. i was even walking besides the girl i'm in love with, the girl who made me feel special.

hell, i would do anything for this girl, she means the world to me and i don't know what i'd do without her. except, i couldn't ask her out.

she's way out of my league, the best she and i could do is be friends, i didn't want to humiliate myself in front of her. she's really popular too, it could lead to bullying if it got out.

i didn't want to ruin my friendship because i was in love with her, everyone who confessed their love to her got rejected.

"y/n," sae-byeok says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"yes?" i answered, she looked blankly at me.

"you're always zoning out, are you—" sae-byeok pauses then sighs, i slightly tilt my head at her to hint i was still listening, "are you okay?" she finally said.

i smile lightly at her, "yeah, just thinking." shit, i probably shouldn't of said that. she softly touches my hand in a way to tell me to stop walking.

"what do you think about?" sae-byeok asked. i couldn't lie, i lied once to my parents. they found out and never wanted anything to do with me.

"us." i sighed.

"what do you mean?" sae-byeok asks. "do you not want to be friends with me?" sae-byeok says, expressionlessly. she never showed her emotions, but i saw her eyes glistening in the dark. would she cry, if i left her?

"no, nothing like that. it's just—" i pause myself, taking deep breaths, in and out. sae-byeok grabs my hand and holds it. i look down to our intertwined hands, i've never seen her hold hands with anyone. i was pretty surprised myself.

i look up at her and see her looking up at the sky, embarrassed. i could tell that she never used physical interactions with anyone, but me.

i couldn't just let this moment get away, i was going to do it.

"it's just that i keep thinking about you, its the opposite of what you thought of, really." i finally let out. she stares at me, confused.

"i don't want to lose you and—" i get interrupted, "and you won't lose me." she finishes my sentence off.

"no, i'm afraid that if i tell you something, you would leave me because of it." i quietly muttered.

"tell me, what?"

damn it [y/n], she heard you, stupid dumbass.

"that—" i get interrupted again, "you don't have to share, if you're not comfortable." she quickly says, i smiled.

"i'll tell you, just promise me that you would forget about this and stay friends with me, if you decline it." i said. she holds out her pinky to me, with her free hand, since her other hand was holding mine.

maybe, she thought i was talking about something serious. i intertwine our pinkies together.

"i—" i get cut off, again, "you love me." sae-byeok says and i turned bright red. how could she have been so sure?

"was it obvious?" i shyly asked.

"yes, i knew you've been in love with me." sae-byeok says, "i like you too, i just wanted you to say it to me." i looked at her, face blank. i was surprised, i don't know why i didn't show it.

"why's that?" i ask.

"i knew, but i wasn't sure." she said, "i knew you were shy, too, i wondered if you would ever work up the courage to say that you liked me." she smiled, with no emotion at all.

how was that even possible to do?

"i don't like you, i love you." i said to be more clear, empathizing the word love. my voice wasn't shaky anymore after i heard that sae-byeok liked me back.

"kang sae-byeok," i pause, "i don't want to be friends, anymore."

"what? why?" she asks. i felt that she was terrified from her voice, i smiled.

"i want to be more than that," i took a deep breath in, "will you go out with me?"

she smiles at me, an actual smile. not like the blank one, that she did earlier. she nodded and got closer with me.

"yes, i will." sae-byeok says, having a little more energy. she brushed the hair out of my face and saw the red blush spread across my face.

"you're red," she teased.

"oh shut up," i joked, "you're red too."

"i am?" she questioned. i laugh.

"yes, you are red." i clarified. i looked at her beautiful, dark-brown eyes, it shined brighter than anything i've ever seen. she held eye-contact with me.

"can i kiss you?" sae-byeok asks.

"can you?" i teased, she pouts, "yes, yes you can."

she puts her soft hand on my cheek and leans in. we kissed, it felt real, i mean,—this was my first kiss ever—it just felt real. i could kiss her like that for days, months, years, or maybe even forever. she pulls away from my lips.

"that was my first kiss." i admitted to her.

"that's cute." she smiled. i chuckle.

11/24/2021