Please Stop Running Away

a/n: Shout out to the yeehaw void gc<3 This one is for y'all!

...

Alberto tapped his foot impatiently, leaning against the wall. Where the hell is he?

He was late. He was never this late. In fact, that infuriatingly annoying bastard made it a point to get there ready early, often taunting Alberto by practicing his routines around the ring. He'd sit there all high and mighty on his horse, leaning back with that confident grin that made just about anyone swoon.

That dark haired mysterious cowboy that had been nothing, but an annoying thorn in Alberto's side ever since he appeared that fateful day. Who did this charming jerk think he was, waltzing into the Portorosso Rodeo and beating Alberto's personal best riding time by 3 seconds? The absolute audacity of this-

Well there were too many words to simply pick one.

Obnoxious. Pretentious. Ambitious. Infuriatingly talented. Charming. Hypnotic. Especially those beautiful golden eyes, hidden behind that ridiculous blue fish mask that Alberto now owned. Those curious eyes that mercilessly pierced through his pounding heart, pinning him down in his spot, feeling utterly helpless.

Alberto inhaled harshly through his nose, leaning his head back against the cool wall.

There's no reason why he should be letting this jerk make his heart react the way it alway did.

"What are you doing here?" Alberto quickly whipped his head towards the door.

"You..." Alberto stared up and down, mouth gape. He thickly swallowed. "You're late."

The curly haired man blinked owlishly behind a new, shining purple mask. "I know."

"And you're not going to explain why?" The man turned his head to the side, rushing out the door only to be stopped by Alberto's arm.

"...I have five minutes to saddle up." The man barely managed to utter out, slowly pushing against Alberto's arm but it wouldn't budge. His eyes flicker up to meet with Alberto's gaze. Who knew such an angry stare could be so lovely?

Alberto leaned into close, nearly brushing against the soft curls above his ear. "That's a nice mask you got there."

The man's breath hitched. He took a deep breath before looking up defiantly. "I could say the same about yours."

Alberto scoffed. "Why'd you leave in such a rush yesterday?"

"...I don't know what you're talking about."

"What? You afraid of a little rain or," Alberto balled up the hand resting on the wall into a tight fist then pressed it against the wall. His eyes looked back down. "What comes after it?" The man quickly tensed up in his spot.

"Alberto please. I-It's not what you think-" Alberto didn't dare let him finish that sentence. He grabbed the man by his shoulders, roughly pinning him against the wall.

"What else am I supposed to think, huh? You ran off right before the storm rolled in. I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I'm not that stupid."

"Alberto-"

"Don't." He tightened his grip, then leaned in closer. "If you find me disgusting just say it okay? You're not the first person to say and you won't be the last. So get on with it already. I'm sick and tired of playing this stupid game just-" There was a pause. "Q-Quit toying with me already."

There was no way the brown eyed man could miss the quiver in Alberto's voice.

How many times was Alberto going to let himself fall into the clutches of the man in front of him? There was no doubt about it. This stranger in front of him had the reins of his heart, willing it to go wherever he pleased and there was nothing Alberto could do about it. If he asked him to ride into a fire, Alberto would pour gasoline first so that maybe it would ease his heartache.