4. Audrey POV: The Crypt

Hazy sounds echoed in my ears. Pain shot through me, throbbing in my shoulder and head. The smell of old rain water and rusty pipes filled my nose. I blinked, trying to wake up and clear my vision. Eventually I got some clarity. I was on an old chair, my ankles and wrists tied down with rope, and my waist buckled in with metal. When I could finally lift my head up, I noticed my shoulder was wrapped in a clean bandage. Odd for my current predicament. And I wasn't just in a room, I was in a bordered off room, with a thick glass surrounding me on the walls. There was a figure on the other side, not moving. I tried to wake up more and make out who was there.
  "Welcome to the Crypt, Audrey." The figure spoke. It was Solus, I could tell by the annoying raspy voice.  I simply glared in response, and pulled at my restraints. He chuckled, "now now hold on. I haven't even started yet! Soon, you'll be thanking me for the wonderful gift I've given you."
  "What, an arrow wound in my shoulder and rope burn on my wrists?"
He chuckled again, "your power. Can't you feel it? When I saw you missing your targets, I had sympathy. You needed help, as do I. So here's my deal. You help me take down Raita, and I'll let you live. I already helped you learn to hit a bullseye... so that was the best I could offer you."
  "How generous."
  "I know, right? Anyways, you were a little tougher than I thought out there. So hopefully, if the timing was right, you should have water powers. Basically I made you a mermaid without the fin, and you can manipulate water. Wanna test it to see if it worked!?" This man was crazy. Lost his marbles. How does hitting me with an arrow into the lake have to do with making me a finless mermaid? I'm dead and that's all there is to it. Solus snapped his fingers and looked at me sinisterly, as if he knew I was about to die. A larger man walked into the room over to a large wheel. He turned it, causing water to flow fast through the pipes and into this cage. He quickly left, locking the door behind me. Panic rushed through me.
  "Don't worry... if the experiment worked, you can breathe underwater."
  "And if it didn't work!?"
  "Uhm.... You'll drown. And I'll find someone else to try and turn into a super. Maybe that younger brother of yours?" I began to pull harder at my restraints, this man was *not* getting to my family.