5. Backlash Pov: Playing Along

I flew over to the cottage, looking through the window. The little man was joined by a much larger man, who picked Audrey up. They tilted a book on the shelf, opening into what looked like an elevator. I ducked as they turned around after getting on. Once I knew they were gone, I busted through the door. Two guys were playing cards at a little table when they spotted me, jumping from their seats with guns-
  "Don't move!" I put my hands up, "please I'd hate to interrupt a good card game." I look to the guy on the left, "you should fold. He has good cards." The two men don't even flinch. "What a poor attempt at a distraction. Now go before I fire this thing into your head."
  "Fine, fine-" I start to turn, but pause when I overhear heavy rushing water. I didn't have time to play along with these guys. Quickly I fly up through the roof, punching my way through the ceiling, then back down, dropping the roof onto the two men. I put my ear to the bookshelf, carefully listening to the sound of metal to find which book is connected to opening the door. Finding it in no time, I hop in.
Before the door opens at the bottom, I fly up and hide against the ceiling and the front in case someone was at the bottom waiting to get on.
Finally the doors open. Coast was clear, and I went back to the ground and hid behind pipes, trying to get closer to where the light was coming from.
  "-you can manipulate water. Wanna test it to see if it worked!?" I froze after overhearing the man speak. It sounded like it probably came from the shorter guy with Audrey. I flew up above the pipes and looked over hoping I could see what was happening. Sure enough, Rey was in a room tied down, the shorter man looking in from the outside of the walls she was in, and a larger man heading inside towards her.
"Don't worry... if the experiment worked, you can breathe underwater." Wait. Did they make Audrey a super? Rather than interrupting and getting us out.... I decided to watch. I'd save her if it didn't work, but, if it did work...