6. Audrey Pov: The Test

Water rushed in from all sides of me. It was already to my waist and getting higher by the second. I pulled at the restraints, trying everything to break free. Somehow, I got one wrist out. I frantically worked to loosen the other and slip my other wrist out. The water was at my chest. I looked down, took in a big breath, and held it as I ducked into the water to free my ankles from the chair. I got both our before coming back up for air. The water was at my neck. While I was free from the chair, my waist was still attached to the wall on a chain. I quickly swam over, trying to see if there was a way to break free. There wasn't. I looked to find the wheel, maybe I could shut the water off. As I swam over, the water continued to rise, lifting me further from the ground. I noticed that Solus hadn't said a word about me escaping the restraint of the chair. Fixing my focus back to the wheel, I held by breath, dived down, and grabbed onto it. I began pulling, trying to shut the water off but it wouldn't budge.  I continued to try, but it became hopeless, and I started to lose the ability to hold my breath. Eventually, I let it out. Only... I could still breathe.

It worked.