IV

Edited:Dec 31

Wei Wuxian  clenched his jaw, staring intently at Jin Xixuan. "Please... tell me you're lying.

Jin Zixuan shakes his head, expression somewhat remorseful. "I'm not someone who lies." He'd sigh as he caught the other's doubtful look. "Often, I mean. Your self-loathing was needless." He'd cast a disgusted look at Su She before beckoning his brother-in-law forward. "Let's get going. We don't want that resentment to take you, do we?" 

The two races through the raging waters, the sword glares shining brighter as water splashed. As they flew, the large threads of resentment chased them like starved animals. 

"Wei WuXian!" Jiang Cheng was above. "Come on! Go higher!" He reached out his hand desperately. "Come on!"

Wei Wuxian reached out his hand too in an attempt although he felt his spiritual energy slowly drain. No!  He'd scream in his head,   Why is this happening?! I'm not even carrying extra trash this time!

Jiang Cheng angled himself down, urging his sword to go faster as he stretched his arm to the limit. "Wei Wuxian!" He'd scream. 

Wei Wuxian smiled, he was not sure he'd make it. No. He knew he wouldn't. 

Right as they were about to intertwine, one fell limp, falling back. Wei Wuxian's eyes curved into an attempt of a smile as he was engulfed by the freezing water.

"WEI WUXIAN!" Jin Zuxuan hollered as he cursed in his mind. Screw these Wens and thier loathsome schemes! But, before he himself could save his brother-in-law, a flash of white and blue, the second Jade had already held Wei Wuxian by the collar. 

Wei WuXian cough multiple times as he whispered hoarsely, "Lan...Zhan.." with his wet hair and drops of water carving paths down his pale cheeks, he looked miserable. To be fair, he was. But, he still managed to grin. "Aiya.. Lan Zhan, could you not hold me by the collar.? I can't really breathe.."

"...."

"Carry me by the arm maybe?"

The young Lan stared at him, golden eyes glinting as he  said in a monotone, "I don't touch strangers."

Wei Wixian gave a shocked face and defended, "We have been in each other's  company for months! How are we not close?!"

"We aren't close." The white jade insisted.

———————————

Creeping through the grounds of the Cloud Recesses, Wei WuXian clutched one jar of Emperor's Smile close to his chest, remembering how he was caught by Lan Wangji last time. He'd smile subtly. Just in time. 

Wei Wuxian froze like a deer in headlights as a blade was pressed against his throat. Like it's welder, the blade was a cold, frosty blue-white. Dark hair contrasted with the glowing golden eyes that seemed to pierce Wei WuXian through. The rain fell lightly across the light umbrella the other possessed in his long, slender fingers.

"Drinking  is prohibited." Lan Wangji said, expression hardening.

"A-ah," Wei Wuxian gave a cheeky smile. "How 'bout you pretend you never saw me, eh?" Or never met me. He shook his head, getting the intrusive thoughts out. "Plus, it will be the last time, I swear!"

"Lies." The Lan managed through his now grit teeth.

 Wei Wuxian laughed in excitement, leaping away and onto the roof. "Aha! Lan Zhan, isn't this fun? You're dancing with me like an elegant white lotus across the rooftops!" He'd rip the top off the jar and downed the wine, some of its contents slipping swiftly down his chin and into his robes.