The academy(10)

The Hokage's words couldn't be truer
The day after the massacre, the news of the destruction of the Uchiha Clan spread like wildfire despite the attempts made to mitigate it. It was the talk of the village and for weeks on afterwards . Zero couldn't go anywhere without at least hearing some type of mention of the Uchiha Clan and its sole survivor.
The civilians weren't letting go of the topic and the shinobi were at least polite enough to not speak of such things openly. Zero could always see the pity in the eyes of the civilians, the false sympathy in their words.
"Oh, poor Sasuke-kun, I bet the dearie is missing his family..."
"That Uchiha, I can't imagine what he's going through."
"Uchiha Itachi is a traitor to the village. Why didn't we see it earlier?"
"Sasuke-kun is the last of the Uchiha... I wonder if he's going to try to restore it?"
"Dear, be sure to be kind to Sasuke-kun. Maybe he'll give you the honor of restoring the prestigious Uchiha Clan one day if you try hard enough!"
It disgusted Zero ,angered her really. She could only imagine what Sasuke was feeling, especially since he was alone and had no one to help him through it.She couldn't believe some of the comments that were made by the civilians. The ones that really disgusted her were the ones where civilians encouraged young daughters to get closer to the last 'loyal' Uchiha. They had placed the young Uchiha as a goal to get to and placed him on a pedestal, saw him as what they thought he was when Zero was sure that there was hardly anyone that actually knew the young Uchiha. Not to mention, everyone knew that Uchiha Sasuke was now enrolled in the Academy and was set to attend in a few short weeks. Everyone was scrambling to also enroll in the Academy in hopes of meeting, of being with the young Uchiha and Zero though that they were ignorant to what they were signing up for. The majority were young girls and they had no idea what being a shinobi ─ of what being a kunoichi entitled and Zero could see that many of them wouldn't make it past the first year, or even the pre-examinations and if they do they won't live for long. Zero herself has already enrolled and she passed the pre-examination designed to weed out the truly hopeless cases.Most of the time now Zero spent her time in her home, going to the library or training. It was almost time for the Academy to start and Zero increased her training because she needed to. She tripled the weight she had on her arms and legs, for ninjutsu she learned a few new jutsu for each element and even manage to recreate the Mokuton ( wood release) by merging water and earth release and Jinton (Dust Release) a combination of earth, wind, and fire . And while it took a great deal more effort and concentration which she was planning on rectifying with a great deal more practice and would try another variation after mastering the two .The variety fighting styles and methods offered to shinobi was astounding and Zero was going to take advantage of it, affinity or not, limitations or not. She was Earthland strongest being and limitations didn't tend to apply to her. Zero was making a mental note of what she needed to buy for the Academy. She wanted to be prepared and she didn't want to leave to the last minute so she already bought what she needed. She didn't want to go through the rush of people.She'd bought a few battle outfits to add to what she had in her requip dimension. She bought thigh high socks as well as leggings, all made from very durable material. There were also a few pairs of black, heeled shinobi sandals that ended just below her knees. She'd also bought more casual clothing for the Academy such as numerous battle skirts that had shorts underneath them, mesh shirts, and different kimono tops that were fairly cheap. She knew that in the Academy, their clothing had a high chance of getting dirty or torn.She'd also bought a new set of weapons. She bought a set of kunai, shuriken, a bundle of wire, sealing paper and ink, and a tanto.

 She bought a set of kunai, shuriken, a bundle of wire, sealing paper and ink, and a tanto