Sickness/cancer(?)

Well the next few weeks Eric still hasn't been feeling well and he had went to his doctor and they did further tests on him. When he came back home, the look on his face had bad news written all over it. Something was wrong. Which made me nervous. "Eric?" I said as I got up from the couch slowly walking towards him. "Something's wrong. Please tell me." Eric sighed as he held me in his arms, stroking my hair. "I...." He had tears in his eyes. "I.... Have.... Heart cancer." Then as soon as he said that things were quiet for a while.  Oh my God. I so wish I was dreaming. I can't believe my ears. "No." I said as I started to tear up. "Please tell me you're joking." Eric shook his head. "I wish I was babe." He said sadly. Dammit. This is too much to bare already. I started crying as Eric held me tight and close. "Does Gene Paul and Bruce know?" I asked between sobs. "No not yet. I'm going to call them over here today so I can tell them in person." Eric said. I nodded and I left him to the couch and said nothing, just cuddled with him.

Later on that afternoon Gene Paul and Bruce came over and I answered the door. "Hey." I said gloomily. They immediately picked up a vibe that something was wrong. "What's going on Brooke?" Paul asked looking concerned. "Come and have a seat, Eric has something to say." I choked on sobs as I said those words. They all came in and sat down and I stood next to Eric. "Well, this morning, I went back to the doctor, they did further testing on me..... And..." Eric said as he tried not to cry. "..... And it turns out I have heart cancer." The living room was dead silent for a while. I had a break down and Gene looked up at Eric and said, "Are you sure Eric?" Eric nodded sadly. "I am." He said silently as he tried to comfort me. The three men all looked down, unsure if what to say about the situation, all in shock. "So when do you start chemo therapy?" Paul asked. "I start tomorrow. And then in April they want to do heart surgery." Eric said in a shaky voice. I covered my mouth with my hand, tears continuing to fall. I fucking hate this.

Paul Bruce and Gene all nodded, looking terrified and concerned at the same time. "Well you have all of our support, you have your wife's support." Bruce said. He looked as though he had seen a ghost. "Thanks guys." Eric said as he took my hand in his. "God bless you all."  They all left and Eric and I just sat down holding each other in each other's arms. "I hope to God that you get better." I started sobbing again. "Oh I hope so too." Eric sighed as he held me tight. This sucks. This really sucks. God please don't take him away from me. I prayed inside my head.

****Later on April of 1991****

Eric was about to have his heart surgery and me and Gene and Paul and Bruce were all at the hospital with him. "Good luck my love." I said to Eric and I kissed him. Ugh. It was so hard seeing him like this. In a hospital bed getting ready to undergo heart surgery. "Thank you sweetie I love you." He murmured and everyone else wished him luck too and then they wheeled him into the operating room. The band and I sat out in the waiting room, and it was going to be a long wait. "Are you ok Brooke?" Paul asked as he reached out to touch my hand. I shook my head as I cried my whole body shaking. "I'm trying to be," I said in a shaky voice. "This shit is so damn hard." Gene Paul and Bruce all put their arms around me for a group hug. They all know how much I love Eric and they loved him too.