PART 6

--------

TARA

---------

I know this man. I know him and I will meet him one day.

I used my super to save him from another man much larger than him.

While I am not looking forward to working with this elderly man that continues to jump and spin without care; I know I can rely on this man I saved.

I am almost done gaining more yellow energy. I signal my true team mate.

While we work well together, we do make mistakes.

Unfortunately my partner has made one now. I had to watch him get clipped with a twitching eye. I can just hear the old man laughing with his bird.

I don't turn around as I summon three shades to slap him.

I know that's not how it works, but they are me so it kind of does.

They are tired of him as I am. One. Two. Three. Slaps of healing.

Four. Five. Six. Kicks of regeneration.

He pushes one of my shades in the way of the hulking machine heading for our safe zone.

At this point, I'm tired of him and really need a cup of coffee.

One of the best things about not be understood is that I can cuss out people who annoy me without anyone censoring me.

He he humhmmhmmhum!

There's a gasp, I look to my left.

It's my apprentice.

He glares at me with his sleepy eyes. A frown on his droopy lips.

Whoops.

Guess I'll (die) have to put money in the swear jar again.

"Master Tara, wake up. We have officers at our door again."

I groan.  I close my eyes.

------------

"MASTER! I know you are up, get down here!"

I groan and blink my eyes. I get up and March down stairs and look at the police in front of me.

I'm not a con-artist, I'm really not!

"We've had complains about you scamming people out of gems."

I proceed to make my apprentice talk for me. He just needed me here to make it seem like he's translating when I really don't bother talking to them.

"Yawn, officers, don't you know? If we were con-artists, we wouldn't stay here as long as we have. You know how it is, real con-artists run off when they feel like it's time to go. We live here."

Honestly it's just a formality for them show up. I offer them some candy. They accept and leave.

I walk to the back door to let my friend and business partner in. A woman with silver hair and a golden arm. She smirks with glee. She nonchalantly tosses a bag of gold on the coffee table and slumps into the couch. She sighs as she puts her feet up on the table and crosses her arms behind her head.

"Hey, buddy! Thanks for covering for me! Aren't you glad we're partners?"

I mumble my complaints to my friend for dirtying my coffee table.

"Oh, this old thing? Come on, my boots don't have a speck of dirt on them! Besides, we got to work on our next heist in the western valley."

I roll my eyes and sit in the proper position on the lone chair next to the inner wall of the house, I watch my apprentice set some tea down. He then slugs off to sleep. I need to talk him later about REM sleep...