Seven.

➶ 。˚ ° ➶ 。˚➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚
(𝐑𝐔𝐍)
CHAPTER SEVEN -----▹ 

➶ 。˚ ° ➶ 。˚➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚(𝐑𝐔𝐍)CHAPTER SEVEN -----▹ 

Kate and Iskra showed up at  Eleanor's a little later than originally planned, Jack had already finished cooking dinner, Kate's mom was irritated that her daughter was late, again. "That was delicious, Jack, thank you," Kate said with just the right amount of fake enthusiasm, "Yes, thank you for having me," Iskra added with a polite smile. "I'm glad you liked it," Jack replied, "The secret to a good risotto is to agitate it. Just enough." he paused, he had been making backhanded comments like that the entire time they had been there. "And then it's just down to patience and attention."  he finished, "Wow," Eleanor replied, "You know, My mom's side of the family is actually Italian." Iskra started, "I would tell you the real secret to the risotto, but," She paused glancing towards Kate, "non me lo dicono nemmeno."(they won't even tell me) (if that's wrong blame google 💀)

Kate smiled at the blonde, there was an awkward pause of silence before Kate spoke up again, "You cook, you're attentive, you're wealthy." Kate paused, "You're almost too good to be true, don't you think Iz?" Iskra laughed a little, "You are a very lucky woman Mrs. Bishop." Iskra said, "I assure you I am not." Jack replied, "So it seems you're quite the sword aficiando, Jack. Do you fence?" she asked raising an eyebrow, "I dable." he replied, "You know pretty eyes over here was a two time state champion." Iskra said, "hmm." he hummed, "You must be quite good then Katie." Kate rolled her eyes, "Don't call me that."

"I'd say it make you pretty aware when someone is trying to stab you in the back." Kate stated, Eleanor tried to break up the conversation, "Ok, I think you both have proven that you know what swords are. Can we move on now?" she asked. "Oh, but, dear, I think a common interest is futile ground for bonding." Jack said, Kate smirked, an idea coming to mind, "That's exactly what I was thinking." she paused, "Bonding."

"What do you say we break out a couple of these bad boys?" Kate suggested, "Please let's not." Eleanor cut her off, "I think we've had enough drama for this week." she added. "Yeah." Jack was quick to agree, "You know, perhaps, your mother is right." Iskra looked between the three of them, "Oh come on, why not? You've got some spare fencing gear." the brunette challenged, Jack shrugged, "I'm convinced." 

"All she said was "why not?" That's not a convincing argument, that's not an argument at all." Eleanor said exasperated, "And yet..." Kate's voice trailed off, "I'm gonna go get my stuff." Jack said standing up quickly. Kate's mother gave her a look, "What?" Kate asked innocently, "This'll be fun." she shrugged.

Soon they were standing in the marble tiled foyar of the penthouse, Jack and Kate in full fencing gear, "Honey be careful." Kate sighed, "When am I not careful?" she asked, "I was talking to Jack." for a split second hurt flashed in Kate's eyes, Iskra barely caught it, but she did. A whipping sound echoed off the marble floors as the fencing sword swooshed back and fourth, the clashed together a few times before Jack let her win.

"Wow." he chuckled, "You are good." she tilted her head slightly, anger already bubbling up, "Don't let me win. Jack." she spat, "I wouldn't. Go again?" he asked, they got back into formation, the same sequence happening again. "Oh! caught me again, you are good!" he exclaimed, "Kate I prefer my fiance with four limbs, please." Eleanor chimed in. 

"Stop letting me win." she said, "I..I'm not. Honest. I mean two-time state-champ right?" he stuttered out, Kate scoffed at the man, they went again, Kate not even giving him a chance, when he let her win again she tore her helmet off, "What are you hiding Jack?" she questioned, he pulled his own helmet off, "Nothing. I'm an open book." as soon as he turned towards Eleanor and Iskra Kate attacked, and he blocked it knocking the sword out of her hand, "Kate!" Eleanor exclaimed.

Even Iskra was a bit taken back, she had never seen the girl like this, "What is wrong with you?" Eleanor exclaimed, "He's lying." Kate bite out,  "To be fair, I did downplay my skill and repeatedly lie about it." he said, "She tried to stab you in the face." Kate's mom exclaimed, "No..no I knew he would parry. What I was trying to do was prove that he is lying. Which I did successfully." She rushed emotion lacing her voice, "I'm gonna go change."  Jack said.

"I think maybe you should go." Eleanor said towards Iskra, "No. She stays." Kate said, "I can not believe you." Eleanor said pointedly, "Jack is hiding something Mom." Iskra heard as the mother-daughter duo walked out of the room. 

Iskra stayed put examining the table they had moved out of the way, Iskra was trying to put together how exactly this all fit together. She heard a low beep, and groaned, "Really right now!" she exclaimed under her breath, her hearing aid had died, the blonde began digging through her bag, knowing that she always keeps an extra battery in their somewhere, that's when she felt a slight vibration from the table she had her hand resting on, Jack must be walking behind her, she whipped around twisting Jack's arm as it was about to land on her shoulder. 

She raised an eyebrow at him slipping the hearing aid back on with one arm and still holding his with the other, "You really shouldn't sneak up on someone like that." she said dryly, she gave a small motion with her hand as she dropped his arm. A droplet of water from one of the vases, glided through the air finding itself on Jack's forehead, "Huh, there must be a leak, you should probably check it out."

Jack sent her a fake smile walking towards where Kate and Eleanor were, Iskra soon following. "Ninjas? What exactly is in a Molotov cocktail anyways?" Jack asked entering the room, "Are you..you old enough to drink?" he added, Kate scoffed. "Kate, everything will be ok." Eleanor said, Iskra was just kind of lurking outside of the door. 

most of the conversation was muffled by the doorway, "Sorry fo scarring you into telling the truth." Kate said sarcastically, and Iskra smiled lightly, "Smart as a whip, this one huh? Would you like a drink darling?" by the creak of the floorboards Iskra could tell Eleanor moved towards Jack, "Are you ok?" she asked him, "I'm fine, I'm fine, it's not the first time somebody tried to take off my head." Jack said, Iskra noted mentally that it wouldn't be the last time someone tried to take off his head.  Jack steps forward towards Kate, reaching into his pocket, "Butterscotch?" Kate's heart dropped, the label read, Armand III.