Chapter 01: The WHAM Four

A/N: I know that some of you have been patiently waiting for the continuation of QEDU, so let's kick off with our headstrong Holmesian Harriet!

HARRIET

IT HAS been a week since the incident on the island. Dalawang araw lang ang inilagi namin doon, pero parang ang daming nangyari sa amin. Well, sa akin specifically. Una, nakagat ako ng ahas at muntikan nang mamatay. Pangalawa, hinabol kami ng dambuhalang aso at muntikan nang malapa. Pangatlo, kinailangan naming makipag-compete at matalo ang mga classmate namin.

My guardian angel must be so strong that he managed to defend me from all these dangers. But they weren't just coincidences or accidents. They were intended for us. Not even the organizers knew about the snake nor the hound that was on the loose. It's as if someone intentionally set them free to roam on the island during our activities.

Someone probably did. Our instructors have been investigating on who might be behind it. Unfortunately, days later, we still haven't heard any development from the investigation. Mukhang magaling mag-cover ng tracks kung sino man ang may kagagawan nito.

That being said, it's business as usual in the university. Wala naman akong magagawa kundi maghintay sa resulta ng imbestigasyon at magdoble ingat sa mga galaw ko. So far, there hasn't been anything strange that happened to me in recent days. It made me feel like the threat to my life was over.

But I knew it wasn't. There could be another attack. The mastermind must be taking his sweet time to plot his next move.

Why were we being attacked? I honestly did not know. Tatanungin ko ang mastermind kapag nahuli na namin siya. But my guess? It had something to do with the incident at the Sherrinford Soiree a few weeks ago. Someone who disguised as a waiter tried to kill one of the VIP guests. Fortunately, we were there to stop it and save the day. The failed assassin, who was being kept in a room, was murdered by someone. That someone could be the mastermind or a henchman of the mastermind. Kahit alin pa siya sa dalawa, kailangan namin siyang mahuli.

Maybe they saw not only me, but also my classmates from the other Houses as potential threats to whatever plans they had in mind. Frankly I didn't expect to work well with my newfound teammates: Wilhelmina Williams from House Watson, Aiden Alterra from House Adler, and Morrie Moreno from House Moriarty. I was okay with Mina, but not with the two boys—especially that Morrie.

Thanks to all the ordeals that we had to go through on the island, I saw how capable our team could be in handling a situation. And that may not be the last time we would collaborate with each other.

"Rie?"

I snapped my consciousness back to reality when someone nudged me twice on the arm. Napailing ako't luminga-linga sa paligid. The mess hall was almost jampacked by my fellow Holmesians. Nakapila pala ako at malapit na ang aking turn.

"Okay ka lang ba?" tanong ni Sherry, isa sa mga Housemate at classmate ko na may bobcut hairdo. "Parang namumutla ka? Gusto mo bang magpa-excuse muna today? We can let our instructors know about your condition."