Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

            All day Elena had been looking forward to this with a mixture of excitement and anxiety. She wanted to know as much as she could about Damon and was excited for the moment when she would be able to tell him that none of it changed how she felt about him. However there was a part of her that almost wanted everything he was going to tell her to remain a secret, because what if Damon was right? What if his actions in the past did end up changing things?

            Every time this doubt popped up in her mind she tried to just ignore it, even though she still wasn’t sure about her feelings for him she knew she couldn’t lose them.

            It hadn’t taken long for her friends to notice her nervousness, and Elena just told them she was going to be spending the day with Damon.

            After school just like she had told him to Damon was waiting in his car to pick her up. Only stopping to wave goodbye to Caroline and Bonnie Elena ran to the car and hopped in. Before he could start driving away she leaned over and kissed him quickly.

            When he raised his eyebrows at her she just shrugged and smiled. Once they got on the road he began to speed up and Elena was glad that the top was down. She felt the wind run through her hair and the cool air felt nice on her face.

            Even with all that she was glad when they began to slow down and was happy when they turned onto the driveway to the house. Though she had been waiting for this all day now that it was so close she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach and had to wipe her sweaty palms on her jeans to dry them.

            Once Damon had put his car in park he turned to Elena and said, “are you sure you want to do this?”

            She didn’t want to show that she was nervous so to avoid the risk of her voice cracking or giving away emotion Elena just nodded.

            In silence she followed Damon as he got out of the car and was only a step behind him as he went up to his room. Once there she sat on the edge of his bed and waited a moment until he sat down beside her.

            “So what do you want to know?” Damon asked.

            “Everything.”

            “I don’t think we have time for everything,” Damon replied with a chuckle and smirk.

            Elena rolled her eyes and laughed at him, “then start at the beginning. You said that to become a vampire you have to die with vampire blood in your system and to complete the transition you have to drink human blood. Start when you decided to do it.”

            Pausing only to take a deep breath Damon began her story, “when I woke up after dying I never made the decision to complete the transition. I was only becoming a vampire to be with Katherine and as far as I knew she was dead, so why would I want to live an eternity without her. Stefan felt the same way and we both decided that instead of feeding we would let ourselves. However that night Stefan fed, he felt the power run through his body and wanted me to feel it with him. He brought me and young girl using his compulsion, there was already blood coming from her neck and I couldn’t control myself with it right in front of me. So I fed. Stefan had made me feed so we could spend an eternity together but it was then that I promised him that I would make it an eternity of misery for him.”

            “Why would you do that?” Elena asked.

            “That Elena is a human story which I will tell later.” Damon replied.