Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

            “Hey Bonnie do you wanna get star-“ Sadie stopped midsentence when she opened the door and saw not the petite dark skinned girl with shining dark hair but a tall boy with a muscular chest and floppy brown hair that framed his face perfectly.

            “Oh hi Jeremy, I thought it was Bonnie.” Sadie said.

            “I figured as much, don’t worry about it though I know you weren’t expecting me.” Jeremy replied.

            “So are you looking for Elena because I think she and Damon went to the grill. Something about her proving to him that she doesn’t need help to play pool? I didn’t really get it.”

            Jeremy shook his head, “I’m not here for my sister. I’m here to hang with you.”

            Silently cursing the blood that rose to her cheeks making them a light pink Sadie bit her lip to stop herself from smiling too much. “Really?” She asked.

            “Yup,” Jeremy nodded. “I figured I would return the favor for Sunday.”

            Sadie blushed even more when he mentioned Sunday. Lexi had told her about Elena and Damon taking off to who knows where and the next thing she knew she was standing on the doorstep of the Gilbert house. Not that she was complaining seeing as she got to spend the entire day with Jeremy, it was just that randomly showing up at guys houses was definitely not something she did very often. Then again that might be because she didn’t actually know other guys well enough to do that not to mention the fact that she was rarely allowed out of her house without adult supervision.

            When she didn’t say anything Jeremy walked past her and flopped down on the sofa.

            “So have you talked to your mom lately?” Jeremy asked as she sat down beside him.

            He was the only one she had told about how she was lying to her mom to stay here. The rest of them were clueless about it.

            “No, she’s called a couple times but I’ve been avoiding calling her back. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’m a terrible liar and that counts for over the phone to. But if I don’t lie she will make me come home and I want to stay here.” Sadie said.

            “I don’t get that? Wouldn’t you be able to learn more magic if you were back with your mom and grandma?” Jeremy asked.

            Sadie shrugged, “yeah but I would rather learn on my own then go back to being stuck in that house. The only time I ever left without my mother before now was when my uncle took me to the park down the street when I was five. It would be impossible to go back to that especially now that I’ve really lived for the first time in my life.”

            “Then why stick around here? I bet if you ran off to London you would never have to go home.” Jeremy said.

            “She could always do a locator spell to find me,” Sadie muttered.

            Jeremy raised his eyebrows skeptically, “that’s just an excuse, and a lame one at that. You forget I was around when you gave Bonnie the lesson on locator spells. You said the easiest thing about them was being able to block it if someone is trying to find you. Now tell me the real reason you haven’t run off to live in Europe.”

            “I couldn’t deal with the rain, I’m more of a sun girl.”

            “You’re right, you are a terrible liar.”