Chapter I

Farpoint station.

That was the crew's first mission.

And oh boy, were you excited.

Despite being short in multiple key positions, mainly a first officer, the crew was already assigned their first mission. You didn't mind if they were missing some people anyways. You just wanted to go on your first-ever mission already.

You were sitting at your station on the bridge, not listening to the idle chatter that was going on around you. Although you were quite social, you were a mix of way too excited and way too nervous to be able to hold a conversation right now. Despite not actually listening in on the conversation, you overheard one very specific thing that surely was out of the ordinary.

"Data, how can you be programmed as a virtual encyclopedia of human information without knowing a simple word like snoop?" The Captain questioned.

Well... You clearly knew that Data was not human, but him not even knowing what the word snoop meant was not exactly what you expected. Jeez, you're surely gonna have to figure out who this guy is later on. You for sure have got a lot of questions for him.

You decided not to be a snoop yourself, and not listen in on this conversation any longer. If you did, it might just raise more questions than answers honestly.

Right when you tuned out of the conversation, you regretted it. The ship alarm instantly went off and you jumped from the loud noise. You have to be joking right now. You didn't want your first mission to be ruined! Right as you looked up from your station, you saw a forcefield go around the ship and your flight or fight instantly turned on. Danger. You knew that whatever was about to come, would be dangerous.

You quickly tapped buttons on your station, following the Captain's orders as he gave them. The ship came to a full stop in front of the force field, and out of the corner of your eye, you saw a bright light suddenly flash. You turned to see a man standing there. A man who undoubtedly was not there two seconds ago. So... how exactly did this man get on the ship...?

"Thou art notified that thy kind hath infiltrated the galaxy too far already." The man spoke, in a very weird voice, which you might add. "Thou are directed to return to thine known solar system immediately."

Wow, how demanding. And rude. You decided that you already didn't like this guy.

"That's quite a directive. Would you mind identifying what you are?" The Captain asked calmly. Gosh, you'd clearly be sweating bullets if you were him right now. "We call ourselves the 'Q' Or thou mayest call me that." This 'Q' person said as he walked right past you, across the bridge. You glanced at Lieutenant Yar, and you could tell she was not having it right now.

Then, the Turbo-Lift doors opened to reveal two crew members. Just as they were about to walk out of the Turbo-Lift, Q turned around, looked at the Turbo-Lift, and another force field appeared! Gosh, if this guy didn't seem deadly dangerous, you might've asked him to teach you this force field making magic.

Q continued walking closer to the Captain, talking about being the captain of the ship himself or something. Honestly, you weren't listening much. You were more focused on well... not dying right now? One of the other crew members, Lieutenant Torres, who was sitting behind Q stood up and pointed his phaser at Q. Oh god, that guy totally was about to die. Right as he was about to shoot, Q turned around and... froze the guy! Holy crap! He just froze that poor guy!

You ran over to him, following behind Tasha Yar, silently praying that the guy didn't die. More so just so that, if Q ever froze you, you wouldn't die either. "Data, call medics." Captain Picard ordered. You crouched down near the guy, trying to figure out if he were alive or not. Well, sure, you were no doctor, but you studied creatures for a living, it should be easy to know if this guy was dead or not.