Chapter III.

It's been about a week since your first mission. And this last week has been the most amazing week of your life, like ever. You've been on a few missions since then and they've been so much fun, and so not boring.

As of today, you haven't been assigned any new important missions, so right about now you're hanging out with Deanna! Obviously. Although the rest of the bridge crew are already your friends, Deanna will forever remain your bestie.

"Well, what's up with you and Riker?" You asked, obviously trying to get the tea. "What do you mean Y/N?" Deanna obliviously questioned, almost as if she didn't use to be in love with that man. "Come on. What I mean is, he's your Imzadi. You guys used to be in love! And now you're going to be on this ship together. For a long time. Isn't that weird or something? Or awkward?"

"No... it's not weird. He knows he is my Imzadi. And..." Deanna hesitated before continuing. "Anyways, we are not together anymore. So why would it be weird?"

"Seeing your ex isn't weird to Betazoids? I mean, you do you." You laughed as Deanna just shook her head. "Enough about me, alright? I want to hear how you are doing." Deanna smiled as she sat closer to you. "Well, I'm fine. Kind of more than fine. I'm just so excited to finally be out of the Academy and on a starship for real!"

"And everyone here is so nice to me. Way more amazing than any of my 'friends' at the Academy. Aside from you, of course. Nobody could replace you." You gave Deanna a small hug. "Thanks for being such a great friend, you know." You thanked Deanna and her smile grew even bigger. "Hey, you're like, my platonic Imzadi, you know! And I better be yours as well."

You and Deanna chatted for a while longer before she had to leave to go do counselor things, or something like that. And don't worry, she totally said you were her platonic Imzadi too. You laid on the couch for a while, thinking about who you were going to hang out with now. And then you had a great idea!

You left the Turbo-Lift and skipped around, looking for one person in specific. You knocked on the door of Natasha Yars quarters and she soon opened the door. "Hey, Tasha! Mind if I visit?" You greeted as Tasha nodded and let you in. "What's the occasion?" Tasha asked as you sat on her couch.

"I'm bored. And you're fun!" You smiled and patted the space next to you, signaling her to sit next to you. She just laughed and took a seat next to you. You scanned the room, looking for something to talk about.

"Hey, what's that?" You pointed to a box that was on Tashas' counter. You hopped up from the couch and grabbed the box. "Mind if I open?" You asked as Tasha walked over next to you. "Sure, it's just a necklace."

You opened the box and, as Tasha said, it was a necklace. It was a plain gold locket necklace. You took it out of the box and opened the locket. "Why is there nothing inside of here?" You questioned. Tasha just shrugged before she replied. "I don't actually know what to put inside."

You thought for a second before you got another amazing idea. Wow, you're a genius with all of these amazing ideas. "Tasha! We should totally have like... matching necklaces! I have a necklace similar to this. We can get like... a picture of each other... and put it in each other's locket!" You smiled at your simply amazing idea.

"Really? You'd do that with me?" Tasha laughed as if nobody really ever wanted to 'match necklaces' with her before. "Of course! You're my friend! Here... I'll bring this back to you tomorrow. And by then, it'll look so cute, I promise!" You hugged Tasha and put the necklace in your pocket.

"If you insist, Y/N. Just don't lose that." Tasha giggled as you looked at her dumbfounded. "I don't ever lose things!" You lightly hit Tasha on the arm and scoffed. "Are you sure? What about that time where-"