Meet the (grand) parents

Moving in was not that bad a decision. She was 5 months visibly pregnant and had a smooth transition to the second trimester. Type took full care of her nutritional needs. And Tharn kept a check on her appointments. They attend all of them together. It wouldn't be wrong to say that Natasha was shying away from the two men and would spend most of her time in her room. Tharn and type took it upon themselves to make her feel comfortable. She was attending all the classes and was able to give her exams on time too. Now that her health was back on track.

Even though things seemed smooth for Natasha. She was internally quite worried. Her mom was yet not aware of her condition and it took a toll on her mind to hide it from her.

Natasha had lied to her mom about a part time internship she had taken up in case her mom asks about where she got all the money from. It also kept her mom under the impression that she was busy and wouldn't call her daughter very often.

Meanwhile Tharn and Type decided to tell their parents about their babies on the way.

"Type, I think this is the right time we inform our families about us expecting. What do you think?"

"I was thinking about the same Tirak, but how do we do it?"

"I guess we should invite them over dinner tonight."

Type's face suddenly took a grim turn. "Tharn, both our parents at the same time?"

"Well, we have to tell them at some point." replied Tharn.

"Fine then, but let's inform Natasha first once she is back from her university. We can't give her a shock."

Natasha had an early morning class today. She was expected to return from her classes soon.

***

Soon it was dinner time and the parents were yet to arrive.

"All the preparations are done Tua-eng, is anything pending on your behalf?"

"I think everything is set, the table, the food and a bundle of excuses for informing them so late." replied Type with a nervous chuckle.

They were nervous or rather nerve wrecked, especially on how Type's Phaw was going to react. Natasha was in deep wonder as to why Tharn and Type were so edgy to break this good news to their parents. After all, they were gonna have grandkids. But she didn't know what she was about to witness was no less than a dramatic soap opera. Type had instructed Natasha to stay in her room so that they could settle their parents before the news was broken.

Their parents arrived right in time for dinner and the families settled in on the dining table.

"Thank you for inviting us you two. Your mom and I were really happy to receive your phone call." Said Tharn's Dad.

"Actually, we were overly stressed out after receiving their call." said Type's Phaw, without realizing everyone on the table was staring at him for his comment. "Um... we live really far from Bangkok and traveling is an issue that's why." He clarified with a grin.

"We were looking forward to bringing Thanya and Thorn as well but Thanya was busy with a shoot and Thorn had to travel to Chiang mai for a business trip." said Tharn's Mom.

"No worries mom, we all can catch up later." said Tharn.

"So how is everything going on with you two? Any special updates in your lives?" Type's Mae literally read their minds. There was some sort of an intuition/ sixth sense prompt that made her say this. She looked at the couple with eager eyes.

"Actually" Tharn hesitated. "Phaw, Mae, Mom, Dad. We have got some news."

The parents looked at each other with anticipation building up within them.