A Real Show.

Wendy cursed as she pulled Admiral and Dijon apart. Janice had gotten hurt and it had sparked a battle. However she saw who did it. Joel had come in and put the blame on the LKs, forcing the battle to emerge. She couldn't get over to the older woman because of the battle that raged around her. Janice trembled as Crawford got to her aid after she was pushed back.

"People! No need to get aggressive! Just work together to help each other figure out who did it!"

No one listened as the battle kept going. He sighed before he jumped over the wall of fights and got to Janice's side. The brunette weakly shuddered as Crawford placed a hand on her head.

"Janice?" The female slightly jerked up at his voice and she instantly looked around, fear written in her eyes.

"Please don't-" She stopped when she saw who it was. "Oh... Crawford... what are you doing here?" He paused.

"Checking you. Someone attacked you and forced everyone into combat." Janice winced as Crawford called out to the others. "Hey! How about instead of fighting, you worry about your teammate?" The two groups paused and looked over. Ponte got to her side while the others followed. Crawford backed away as Wendy went over.

"Nice job." He smiled as the two groups helped the older woman out. She hummed. "I saw who did it. He walked right up to her and did it." Crawford stared at her.

"Right in front of her?" Wendy nodded as they watched the groups help Janice out.

"I don't think he knows I was there. But yeah. Right in front of her. That makes me mad. This has to be alerted to the others." Crawford nodded.

~~~

The next time wasn't any better. Ice had vanished. Crawford found him before the others could find him and get in a big fight about him. But how he found him was interesting. Someone had beaten Crawford to his aid.

"Shh... It'll only sting a little. Here..." Crawford watched from behind a tree as someone helped Ice with a small potion. Ice trembled as he gulped. "Easy... the pain will leave soon... just let the potion do its work." Ice wheezed faintly as a soft voice escaped him.

"But the pers-"

"Don't speak of what happened. You don't want to get further hurt than you already are. Just relax and rest."

Ice huffed as he drifted off. Crawford gulped as he slipped closer. He hoped to see who the person was. Sadly, his sneaking skills weren't at their best as he stepped on a twig, alerting the duo. He stayed still as the person stood up, their cloak hiding their identity.

"Who's there?" Crawford silenced his breath, hoping to avoid being found. Ice weakly trembled as their eyes met. Crawford put a finger to his lips, hoping Ice wouldn't give him up. Sadly, Ice seemed too lost to aid him.

"Wait..." Crawford stayed silent as he shrunk into his hiding spot. He waited a moment, praying he wasn't caught. That wasn't the case.

"Who are you?" His eyes wandered up to a pair of blue eyes. Crawford froze in his place as everything started spinned.

"I-" His eyes drifted over to where Ice was at. "Crawford..." He murmured as he looked at the ground.

"Crawford..." He paused as the person pulled off their hood. "A name I haven't heard in a long time... good to see you." Crawford looked up at the person as they held their hand out. "Nice to meet you. Name's Varian."

The name pounded in Crawford's head as he took the hand and was helped up. Varian smiled before going back to Ice's side. The cold VK had fallen asleep and was softly snoring. Crawford went over as Varian sat down.

"V-varian... as in..." Varian nodded as he placed a hand on Ice's head.

"Yep... one of your blessed parents. Good to see you know that." Crawford blinked as Varian grabbed Ice and picked him up. "We should get him home while we can. Do you know where he lives?" It took Crawford a moment before he blinked.

"Sorta... I have an idea."

~~~

Joel growled as he watched the duo take the colder boy home. He seemed relaxed in Varian's embrace as they walked and talked. Joel huffed as his eyes darkened.

"Now you've done it, BKs."

~~~

They arrived at the VKs house as Ice woke up from the journey. Ice stared faintly as Crawford let them in. They settled him down near the fire as he paused.

"How are you feeling?" Ice nodded weakly.

"Better... the pain has faded..." Ice whispered while grabbing his head. Varian smiled.

"Your senses will be a little wacked up for a little bit, but I think with enough rest and recovery, you'll be back on your feet in no time." Ice smiled at that.

"Thank you, Mr. Varian..." He relaxed as the duo went out. Crawford turned to Varian as they went from the mountain.

"So..." He paused as he looked at the sky. "Where were you before-"

"IESLF." Crawford started at him. Varian gulped. "Uh... Isle of Eternal Shadow and Lost Faded. Basically 'The Isle'." Varian sighed. "I slipped off to hopefully help the battles and end them. I have already hit the Lightwing's radar and just laying low. But I need to prove that I'm ready for my wings." He smiled at Crawford. "Has there been any other Ks that have been hurt?"

"Yes... Crepe... a child of Tremaine and Hook... was struck directly by Joel and hasn't gotten up. Wendy has been looking for something to help him get up, but nothing has gotten through." Varian hummed.

"Where is he?" Crawford gulped.

"At the Ranger Union." Varian hummed again.

"Then we better go. Maybe my presence will keep them apart enough for the Lightwings to relax... Let's go."