Chapter 7

Chapter 7: locked

Jamie's POV:

I sat on the couch, freezing cold. A big navy blue blanket wrapped around me, and Eli had left to get some milk from the store. Two more days of spring break. Eli is leaving tomorrow. I can't believe any of this actually happening. Mom gone mad, me moving in with dad, me moving away from Eli. It was all happening too fast. The TV was on mute and I just stared it blankly for a long time. Not even thinking about what I was seeing. One thing about this week, being closer to Eli than ever. We spent all week together, lots of long tight hugs, and my favorite, both sleeping in my bed. I giggled at the thought, thinking of how warm Eli was, how it would all end in a matter of a day. Tonight and then he's gone. Today is already over, it's 12:00. I hope Eli gets home soon. I miss him already.

30 minutes later...

"Hey Jamie I home, and the craziest... Jamie, are you alright? You look sick." "I'm fine, Eli. What happened?" He looked down at me and then sat down next to me. "Well," he started pulling me into his lap."there was a bunch of police cars and police tape by the trail to the woods. I got out and asked what happened, an officer told me there was a murder. He told me to come home and lock the doors." "Wait, so, they never caught the killer!?!" "Calm down, I'm here with you, I won't let anything hurt you." I buried my head in the crook of his neck, I love his vanilla scent.

Eli's POV:

She buried her head in the crook of my neck. It drives me crazy when she does that. Not to mention the shared bedroom, or shared bed. I love being close to her, I feel like I need to protect her. Like she's a kitten, she fits so perfectly in my arms. "Come on. I think it's time for bed." She stood up still bundled in blanket, and started walking towards the door. "Where going?" "Just making sure everything's locked." Good idea!" I joined her, we shut and locked all the doors and windows. "Alright, we're good. Now up to bed young lady!" I said jokingly. "Yes sir!" She giggled. The two of us marched upstairs and into the bedroom. Jamie went in the bathroom to brush her teeth while I got changed. When she came out, she went to her closet to get changed, and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I got out, Jamie was already snuggled up in bed half asleep. "I guess your tired huh?" "Eli?" "Yea?" I started climbing in bed. "I'm really gonna miss you." She turned over to look at me, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Probably not as much as I'm gonna miss you!" I said in a somewhat peppy voice with a sad smile. "No, I think I'll miss you more." She smiled and giggled. Soon, we turned the lights out and started to go into our own little worlds. A loud clap of thunder sounded, followed by a squeal from Jamie. "Jamie it's alright." I said, wrapping my arms around her. She tightened at my first touch but then loosened up and let out a sigh. She fell asleep in my arms, so sweet, so innocent. I brushed the hair away from her face. As I watched her sleep so calmly and peacefully in my arms. I fell asleep with her still in my arms.

Jamie's POV:

I woke up to the morning sunlight just peeking through the curtains. "Good morning sunshine." I smiled at Eli's low soft voice in my ear. He was still holding me, all night. I smiled and turned to face him, still half asleep, I rested my head on his chest, quickly dozing off again.

Eli's POV:

Okay, I love this! But it's going to make leaving her that much harder. <3