Chapter One - Adapting

"Introducing our newest student, joining us, albeit a month late," The teacher laughed at his own words. "(Y/N) (L/N)."

"Hi." I awkwardly waved at the people paying no mind to me.

"Here, take a seat next to Billy," The teacher instructed, and I looked at the empty desks on either side of him. Girls all stared at him with passion, and the boys in class with fear. Billy seemed to not give a single shit about any of the looks, and in fact seemed to be sleeping.

Eyes followed me as I sat down next to him, the chair scraping against the floor being the only sound.

After class, I quickly escaped before the sleeping man next to me noticed I had even been there. Disappointingly, it was just my luck that he found me.

"Hey new girl. You have plans?" He smirked, staring at me, leaning on the locker next to mine.

"I do," I said, flatly. He was attractive, but as my day continued, I had learned about his man-whore and his... hobbies. "I'm sure literally any woman in this school would be thrilled to clear their schedule for you."

"But none of them have done my classwork for me with no incentive. You don't want a reward?" He licked his bottom lip, and looked me up and down, like a tiger staring down its latest prey.

"I did it because I was bored and it was there."

"You look pretty bored right now, and I'm here." He finally looked me back in the eyes.

"Fuck this shit." I slammed my locker shut, locked it, and disappeared into the crowd of people surrounding Billy.