Chapter Two - Exhausted

I quickly ate my shitty cafeteria food, and watched the people in the cafeteria, and how they interacted with eachother. The school hierarchy was important, whether I liked it or not.

People flocked around Billy, like he was some sort of king. As I watched him, I noticed him glaring in my general direction. I was ready to leave, when someone sat next to me.

"Haven't seen a single woman say no to Billy." The stranger said. A few others joined him in sitting with me. "I'm Steve. Harrington."

"(Y/N) (L/N)." I replied. "Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, and I laughed.

"Your nose is bleeding. And you're getting a black eye." I lifted a napkin to dab away the blood coming from his nose.

"Damn. So you really rejected Billy? In front of everyone?" One of the much younger kids that followed Steve to my table asked.

"Not my fault they were all there. He's too cocky for his own good."

"I'm pretty sure they're making bets on how long it will take for you to sleep with him," A second kid said. "If I'm hearing properly, the options are tomorrow, today, and as far as next month,"

"Do people here really do shit like that?" I turned, asking Steve.

"Well, no. Not normally. I've never seen anyone say no to him." He turned to look at me again. "Figured you'd be okay to hang out with since you weren't crazy in love with him."

"As if. I'd sooner shoot myself," I laughed. "I do have standards. He may be physically attractive, but that's about all he's got going for himself."