CHAPTER 004 PART 1: 𝙋𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀, 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆.

★ If you enjoy this fanfiction, the best thing you can do is vote it! ★

Schlatt gagged, his body tensing up and shaking as he grabbed Tommy's arms and tried to pull them away. Everything felt like a blur.

"Tommy, stop!" Techno yelled, running towards the two and in between them to break up the fight. Dream ran behind Tommy, grasping his arms and restraining them from further attacking Schlatt.

"Come on now hero, shit like that isn't in your nature," Schlatt teased him after catching his breath.

Tommy's head limped, staring at the floor with refusal to make eye contact with anyone.

"Tommy, you can't do things like this. Your friend died, we've all lost someone here at some point. You- you need to cope with this shit in a healthy manner. Strangling people isn't the fucking answer, dude," Techno laments bitterly. 

"Tell that to Schlatt. His 'friend' died, and all the sudden he's gone batshit evil bitch mode," Tommy scoffs.

Dream let go, losing his grip on Tommy's hands as he walked back towards George and Sapnap.  

Schlatt chuckled. Everybody turned their attention towards him, reducing their focus on Tommy's outburst.

"You realise compassion doesn't matter here? Kindness doesn't matter here. I sound evil, but it's true-- this is a murder game, if you aren't hostile, if you show weakness, some fucker will be out to kill you so they can escape," he fumed.

He looked at the others and was visibly irritated by their blank faces.

"Can you trust ANYONE here? You won't think these people are gonna turn on you the moment they snap from paranoia and-- and they have the chance! Everybody says that they'd sacrifice themselves for somebody close-- maybe even a stranger, but they're lying! Everybody is out there for themselves, their world relies on themself- they'd kill you in a second! Just like Ranboo! I only cried for 10 minutes, you know!"

Tommy took a sharp breath in.

Schlatt was wrong, Tommy would sacrifice himself for anybody in the room. He didn't want to live, not anymore. What was there to come when he went back home? 

He couldn't remember a thing. And one of his best friends was dead. Ranboo was dead, and there was nothing he could do about it. Wilbur was dead. Fundy, Minx, Phil and Karl were all dead. And he had watched them die in front of him. 

He felt the heavy weight of guilt follow his every step, and the imagery of his friends' executions were still fresh in his brain. 

Wilbur's mournful cry as he fell to the ground of the stage, realising he murdered Phil. Quackity and Sapnap's dread, knowing Karl was dead but not wanting to accept it. Minx's expression of pain as she admitted to her closest friend that in the fantasy of being able to go home and be happy together, she murdered somebody and was about to leave him forever. Fundy's laughter and chat with Nikki and George, only to be slowly strangled to death, scratching at his bleeding, wounded neck as he cried for help.