Chapter 3

Turning around a very familiar man stepped into my line of view. He was wearing a white button up shirt, tan khakis, and brown dress shoes. To be honest he looked very eatable right now. After breaking the trance I was I decided to speak,

"Rengoku, what are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"To celebrate with you of course! Congrats by the way." He claimed proudly.

After that being said the two of us starting to small talk while waiting for Mei to arrive. She took about 10 minutes to get there, and once she settled we got seated into a booth. Me and Mei on one side with Rengoku on the other. Rengoku mentioned him inviting someone else just so he wouldn't be the only man there.

About 5 minutes and a very tall man with white hair entered the building. He began walking over towards our table once he glanced over at Rengoku. Looking at the two of us once he neared the table he introduced himself,

"Tengen Uzui, pleasure to meet you lovely ladies." He said with a huge smirk on his face.

He got settled into the table as well and we all ordered. As we were eating I felt the certain urge to use the a bathroom. I announced where I was going and then Mei decided to go along with me. Her reasoning was to "make sure I was safe".

"Y/n! That eatable looking man Tengen is hot as fuck!" Mei said rather loudly, startling another person in the bathroom.

"And that fine specimen of a man will be my coworker starting next week." I replied mentioning him saying his occupation earlier.

"You get Rengoku, and I get Tengen?"

"Mei. Now you know I'm not looking for a relationship right now."

"Details, smetails Y/n. Live life a little. At least hook up with him!"

"Shut up." I said before we exited the bathroom.

*****

We resumed the dinner talking about my new job, pets, and anything else that came to mind. I seen Rengoku stare at me a couple of times throughout the night. Just passing it off as 'there was something on my face' we all parted ways. But before I left, I made sure to get Tengen's number.

Entering my house I set down my purse and everything in my hands. My feet were sore from wearing heels and I was tired of wearing a dress. I quickly hopped into the shower and washed myself up. Once I was done with all my preparations for bed I started a conversation with Rengoku.

Me
Thanks for coming tonight.

After that it took him quite a while to respond. I didn't know what he was doing so I didn't want to judge on his responding time. But it did make me feel quite anxious, wondering if he was okay or not. Or he could always be sleep since it was some what late. But I was brought out of my thoughts once I heard my phone ding.

Rengoku
No problem at all! And sorry for the late response, I was talking with Uzui outside of my house.

Me
Oh that's fine. Well I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm heading to bed now, goodnight.

Rengoku
Goodnight Y/n.

And with that the simple conversation was ended. I honestly wanted to keep talking to him but I didn't have anything interesting to talk about. I set my phone down on the table beside my bed and got into my blankets. Closing my eyes I slowing started to fall asleep.

Short chapter just because I need to update lmao. But yea vote and also follow if you'd like 💕. School has been kicking my ass and we have finals next week :(