Chapter 7

"So am I coming to your house after you leave work or what?" Mei asked speaking a little quietly due to being further away from the phone.

"Duhh. I have to tell you about some recent events."

Mei and I were talking on the phone as I was walking the hallways looking for Kyojuro's classroom. It was the last break of the day meaning the students weren't going to be in his class. As I neared his door I ended my call with Mei, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to call my nerves.

For some apparent reason I was somewhat nervous to enter the room. My hand was hesitant to grab the door knob. All of my thoughts were shifted back to what he said to me this morning. It was baffling how one word could mess up my whole day.

Just as I finally gathered enough courage to put my hand on the knob the door opened inward. The fast motion of the door causing me to lose my balance and trip forward.

"Woah. Don't go falling for me now." A familiar voice chuckled.

I looked up upon his infamous smiling face. His smile was something I could look forward to seeing everyday. As time passed he opened his eyes again causing me to quickly avert my eyes to another direction. Kyojuro still had me in his arms from catching me. The position we were in was quite awkward for me.

"Well did you need something? You were at my door after all." He asked suddenly.

"Oh! Uhh, just wanted to come talk to you. That's all." I replied embarrassed.

"Come on in, Y/n." He offered while smiling once again.

He finally left me go and he walked into his room. I walked slowly behind him looking around my surroundings. His room was filled with books consisting of the worlds history. And he also had a couple of cringey teacher posters around. As I got closer to his desk, I also seen a picture of him and Senjuro.

"He's a cute little one isn't he?" Kyojuro spoke while looking at the picture.

"He's also very quite." I retorted back.

Kyojuro grinned a bit at my response. He then slowly reached his hand over and slid it on top of mine while squeezing just a bit. The warmth admitted from his hand was reassuring. Everything about him made me feel safe and protected. I put my gaze back onto his face to find him staring dead into my eyes. He then put his finger under my chin lifting my head up slightly.

"Am I interrupting something~?"

A sweet and mocking voice sang out from the entrance of the room. I turned nervously to see who it was, and luckily, but also unluckily, it was only Shinobu. But then that'd only mean she'd start questioning me as soon as she could. I then heard Kyojuro clearing his throat in an attempt to regain his composure. Shinobu then quickly giggled while waving and walking away.

"Sorry about that." Kyojuro apologized while rubbing the back of his neck.

"And which part are you apologizing for exactly?"

"About Shinobu. I don't regret what I was gonna do."

"What we're you planning to do?" I asked with one eyebrow slightly raised up.

"You'll find out another day. Class is about to start, see you Y/n.

*****

I was sitting down listening to music when I heard the library door open. My volume wasn't up high just in case someone did come in. When I looked over in the direction I seen Shinobu with a shit eating grin plastered on her face. As she walked up towards me I mentally prepared for all questions and teasing. She finally came up to me and sat down in a chair. For about a minute she didn't say anything and just stared.

I was very confused at her actions. We both had a staring contest until I finally broke the silence and said something,

"Okay Shinobu, what's up?"

"Your chin was." She answered grinning.

She giggled when I looked down in embarrassment lightly slapping her on the knee. Shinobu then grabbed my hand into to hers and squeezed in the same reassuring way that Kyojuro did.

"Make sure you treat him right," She stated while letting go of my hand and getting out of the chair, "he's been through a lot."

My face went into a straight shocked expression. I still wasn't sure what I felt about him. There's a way that's different from how I feel around other people, and how I feel when I'm around him. This whole day has just been me thinking about him and my own feelings. But if i'm questioning my own feelings doesn't that mean there's something there?

"Stop questioning yourself Y/n. Just spend some time with him alone and have a talk."

"I'll do that, thanks Shinobu."

"Anytime! See ya Y/n."

I waved a goodbye to her and she then left the library. For the rest of the day I tried to push the whole thing out of my head for the moment. Every now and then it would randomly pop up but then would be quickly replaced by something else. As I was leaving the building Tomioka gave me some words of wisdom which were; "If you look into someone's eyes you can tell how they truly feel and get to understand them."

I didn't truly understand the exact meaning of those words, however they did put my mind at ease just a little.

*****

Now Im currently at a local bookstore with Mei. She insisted that we go there instead of my house so she could scope out some men or her liking.

"Okay. You start talking, and I'll start looking." Mei called out while already glancing around the store.

"I think I'm developing some type of 'feelings' for Kyojuro."

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait, and wait again. First name basis!?"

"Mei shut up, that's not the point."

"Well I mean duh I already knew you liked him. Best friend instinct of course."

I slightly glared at her here and she simply just smiled. As we were sitting there in a comfortable silence I heard my phone ding. Grabbing my phone out of my pocket I seen there was a message from Kyojuro. But what was said next made my stomach turn like there was a thousand butterflies inside.

Kyojuro
You want to come over to my place this weekend?

(a/n): sorry for the long wait on this chapter lol. if you liked the chapter please vote ❤️!