Chapter 5

It was nearing the end of the day as I was sitting down in my chair reading a book. I heard the door to the library open as the man with white hair and scars all over his face walked towards me. His expression looked anything but happy. Seconds after he reached my desk, he cleared his throat in order to gain my attention once again.

"Shinazugawa Sanemi." He sternly said glaring down at me.

"L/n Y/n, it's nice to meet you Shinazugawa." I replied back with a scowl on my face due to the fact that I was being glared at.

After the brief exchange of words he turned around a started making his way out. Moments before he put his fingers onto the door knob Hashibira was seen running yet again in the hallways. Taking that as a cue to take off Shinazugawa was gone a second later.

"Get back here you damn brat!"

There was still about 30 minutes left until the end of the school day. Frankly, I didn't want to read anymore since I've been doing so all day. Just to get up and stretch my legs I decided to go up to the teachers lounge. Before I left I made sure to leave a sign on the door that said "be back soon".

*****

About five minutes into me walking, I soon realized that I didn't know where the hell I was going. I walked up the stairs and opened a door to find myself outside in the rooftop. When I stepped outside a little the wind started to blow my hair in all types of directions. My eyes had to adjust to the light from being inside of the building all day. When the outside was finally clear I seen Agatsuma on the edge of the roof.

"Why even try? TANJIRO HAS NEZUKO ALL TO HIMSELF!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Agatsuma, what the hell are you doing?" I said looking at him with a deadpanned look.

"Huh?! Oh, hi ms pretty teacher lady!" He said enthusiastically immediately getting out of his depressed state.

He quickly ran up to me looking up with pleading eyes. Me not knowing what to do, I swiftly backed away as a concerned look came onto my face. Deciding that this was something I definitely had nothing to do with I walked right back in from where I came from.

Once I entered the building I seen another teacher that I haven't seen yet today. But Rengoku did mention that there was a 'weird' looking staff member, and his name was Hyogai. As we passed each other he waved his hand slightly as a gesture of saying hi. He seemed to be a very kind and friendly person just from the way he carried himself. Then an idea struck within my mind, ask him where the teachers lounge was!

"Your name is Hyogai right? Sorry to bother you, but do you know where the teachers lounge is?"

"Right this way." Was all he said and he began leading me.

We arrived about a minute later and there was a couple of staff members inside. Some of them on their computers, while others on their phones. I walked in taking glances in every direction of the squared shaped room that I was in. Shinobu flashed a wide smile at me as she seen me taking peaks around the room.

The room was filled with inspirational posters and books on the tables. One particular poster caught my eye. It was advertising a school festival that would take please in a week or so. Each class would do their own theme to venue for other students.

When I was scanning over the poster everyone suddenly started to bow at something behind me. I slowly turning around seeing an average height male. His eyes look as if he was blind and he also had shoulder length black hair.

Rengoku then skillfully slid behind me and lowered my back into a bowing position. The blind man then started to talk after that interaction,

"Thank you Rengoku, but it's quite alright." He stated calmly.

"I'm principal Ubuyashiki. It's nice to have an addition to our school."

He stuck his hand out for me to shake whilst also slightly bowing, "Thank you for having me." I replied with a slight smile on my face.

After the brief introduction was made he left shortly after. The rest of the staff introduced themselves to me. Their names being; Iguro Obanai and Kocho Kanae. The family name of Kocho was familiar since I've heard Shinobu's name. Kanae went on and on about how she thought I was so pretty. But I really don't think that she's ever looked into a mirror.

*****

The school day was now over and I was heading to my car. The Kamado siblings and Agatsuma waved bye to me on my way out. I had finally reached my car when I spotted Tomioka the gym teacher at the car right besides mine. I threw a wide smile at him to receive a head nod in response. But my determination to figure this hot emo man out will not falter. I will try again tomorrow!

I seen him drive outside of the parking lot very carefully to make sure nothing bad happens. I was brought out of my constant staring once I felt a couple of taps on my shoulder.

"So, how was your first day?" The voice from behind asked.

When I turned around it revealed the one and only Mei, "It was good. Thanks for asking, but" I stopped looking around seeing we're still at the school, "why are you here?" I asked confused.

"So I can't support my best friend? And scope out hot men..." She asked and she muttered the last part.

"Whatever." I replied while rolling my eyes and starting to drive off with Mei.

*****

Mei and I arrived at my house and ate dinner together talking about my first day at work. She asked me about the students there and most the teachers. Because if I do say so myself, most of the teachers are definitely a catch.

"Sooo... have you made any progress with Rengoku?" Mei asked slyly.

"Progress?"

Mei did nothing but slightly raise up both of her eyebrows. Indicating that I should know what she's asking about.

"Y/n. Bitch, you know what I'm talking about."

"If you're talking about relationship wise than no. Because if said plenty of times that I don't want a relationship right now."

"You're so boring! Just have a fuck buddy then." She suggested.

"Mei, I'm two seconds from kicking you out."

We continued to talk about anything that came to mind. She eventually left due to something she needed to take care of at home. But I just sighed knowing it was probably a dick appointment. And most likely with her ex that she's on and of with. What would I do without my lively Mei?

I was alone sitting in my bed watching Tv late at night. Getting quite bored of what I was watching I clicked through all the different channels. Then suddenly, all of the lights in my room turned off. Me being scared of the dark panicked by the sudden surprise. I grabbed my phone and quickly called a random contact on my list.

The phone rang about three times before someone answered the phone.

"L/n? Why's it so dark in there?" Rengoku asked genuinely confused.

"Could you please come over here? I'll send you my address and tell you the details later." I ask embarrassed at my fear.

"Sure I'll be there." He said without any further questions.

I sent him my address right after he said that. He was getting ready to hang up, but I stopped him not wanting to be alone. Complying with my request we stayed on the phone until he arrived at my apartment building. I heard soft knocks at the door and quickly, but carefully made my way to the door. When I opened the door he was there smiling brightly while waving.

"Hello there, L/n!"He greeted cheerfully.