{ 15 }

A/N : I knoooow it's been such a long time that Ive updated. I don't even know how long. I suck, basically..

I now have a two year old daughter and 10 weeks left til I have my son if that doesn't tell you how busy my life has been idk what will. lol.

I've been writing a LOT more in my downtime these days since my partner won't allow me to go out and work with him building our businesses for right now.

I'm assuming he's going to be that way all the way into my son's first few months lol so that means even more writing and updating for me not just this work but my others as well.

I went through and cringed at all the errors Ive made so I will be editing as well. (Yay...)

To carry on I tried to make up for some lost time this chapter is pretty long with looooots of juicy ins and outs.

It is rated R but I have that disclaimer at the very beginning of the book for a reason.

I hope you enjoy!
More coming very soon!
Happy holidays!

~~~~~

Sleepless nights were no stranger to Falene or her mate. Kaius, since he was a small boy long before his first shift, could always feel the packs unrest.

At times when he felt the threat of his grandfather's decisions, he wouldn't get a wink of sleep.

Ever since, he could not sleep if there was ever a threat he felt towards what belonged to him.

This time, it wasn't just his pack but his Luna. The very same thing that drove his grandfather insane with anger.

He stood shirtless at the foot of their bed adoring his little mate's sleeping body. Or so he thought.

Falene lay on her stomach with her face halfway in the pillow. Her eyes were closed but she was far from sleep.

Her emotions numbed her to an almost tranquil rest. She forced the thinking to stop. Relaxed every inch of her muscles. It was something she practiced her whole life. Rogue wolves who become mothers teach their pups from the first day how to still themselves completely to avoid a bigger animal picking on them if they're left alone.

These rogue pups would lie for hours while their parents hunted or battled each other.

As Falene grew older she found a certain comfort in hiding herself, as she called it.

If Kaius realized she was awake it didn't make a difference to him. Her breath came out even and he could see she was relaxed. Her being comfortable and resting was all that mattered to him.

If she did otherwise he would be convincing her to rest.

As far as Falene could reach into her feelings in that moment, she was relieved that her mate could stand to be near her. The miscarriage left much to be desired in her scent as it smelled of sickness and death.

Kaius, of course, ignored it. He spent every minute reminding himself she'll be back to herself in short time.

At the same time, he let it drive the malice he felt.

He sat rigid on the sofa in their bedroom and picked up the book he chose would keep him busy during the night.

Council of Werewolf Laws & Rights.

He memorized most of the hefty book, but at times he found himself dissecting the council's meaning in the text.

Violent thoughts caused him to always question morality and sanity immediately after.