{ 6 }

*Falene*

Warm. That's all I felt as I lay on my back staring up at the pure white ceiling in Kaius' room.

I couldn't turn my head enough to see the spot on my neck where all the heat seemed to be coming from, so I had to push myself off of the bed and stumble my way to the dresser with the mirror on the back.

The last thing I remember was staring up at Kaius and fawning over how attractive he was and how good he smelled to me...

He's my mate..and I remember fainting in his arms, but I have no idea why.

With shaky hands, I patted myself down.

Someone had dressed me while I was unconscious.

"What the fuck?!" I snarled at my reflection. Someone had to see me naked in order to put my clothes on and that is not something I'm okay with. Sure, I was unconscious and couldn't do it myself, but whoever cared for me could've just covered me in a blanket.

My gaze froze on the spot where my neck and shoulder joined. Then my eyes widened.

There was a quick knock on the bedroom door and I rushed to throw it open.

Ren jumped back, shrieking at the sudden movement.

In my defensive state, I growled at her. Not enough to scare her or anything, she just happened to be the first person I laid eyes on since I fainted.

"Luna!" She squeaked and smiled nervously at me. "You're awake. Is everything okay?"

"No!" Another growl left my mouth and I had to breathe to calm myself down. Anger isn't usually my thing. "Where is Kaius? There's something very important I need to discuss with him."

Ren stared back at me with doey eyes and nearly whispered, "h-he's in his office, Luna. B-but if you want to see him I can tell him that you're-"

"To hell with that." I huffed and stormed out of the room. Weak knees be damned.

I heard Ren rushing after me. "Wait! L-Luna! Doctor Roniston has requested you wait for him to clear you! You still need to rest!"

I ignored her, running around the second floor looking for Kaius' office. His scent wasn't as strong as it would be if he were even on this floor.

So like an alpha to make everyone walk three stories to access him if they needed him.

"Where the hell..." The third floor was as big as the second. Only thing was, the rooms were not actual rooms. They were like storage rooms. Filled with boxes, shelves, and furniture. But his scent seemed to drench every single room.

The thicker his scent got, the more frustrated I'd get when I didn't see his face in one of the rooms.

The only door was on the back hall and opened to a short staircase.

Ren still followed behind me, very much behind me, I might add. I felt faster than I've been in years.

Shrugging, I climbed the short staircase and entered a room the size of three put together.

Across from the door was a long wall with windows taking up most of the wall space. On the far right wall were bookshelves from the floor to the ceiling and on my left was a huge desk with three monitors hooked up on it and a few short piles of papers.

On the wall behind the desk, was an antique map of both North and South America.

I looked around at the mess of the office. The table near the windows looked as if it were meant for some kind of conference and was covered in boxes of stuff that have been gone through.